Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Riva v. R &D unmoddified plate/grate

Thank all of you so very much for helping with my first two mods (d-plate and race filter) on my 06 GP 1300. This forum is awesome!!!

Next I want to do a plate and grate combo. Unmodified, which do ya'll recommend? I'm leaning toward Riva cause I still do rec. riding and feel the skeggs will limit me, and want more top-end.

BTW, the first two mods boosted my lower mids and am very very pleased, thanks again!!!! (Though I'm not sure it will ever touch my unmodded 02 stxr.)

Jim

www.myspace.com/jimmcgreehan

+1
    i'm pretty sure the riva 1200 grate is faster than the r&d...couldnt really tell you on the plate though, most go with jims modded r&d plate on here

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jim mcgreehan View Post
    Thank all of you so very much for helping with my first two mods (d-plate and race filter) on my 06 GP 1300. This forum is awesome!!!

Next I want to do a plate and grate combo. Unmodified, which do ya'll recommend? I'm leaning toward Riva cause I still do rec. riding and feel the skeggs will limit me, and want more top-end.

BTW, the first two mods boosted my lower mids and am very very pleased, thanks again!!!! (Though I'm not sure it will ever touch my unmodded 02 stxr.)

Jim

www.myspace.com/jimmcgreehan
    Hello Jim in stock form i found the R&D plate to be a little faster them the riva.

Question

Thanks all. Jim, I thought 'technically' the Riva plate was supposed to be faster....I was checking some old threads and emails.... .

(?)

Jimbob

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Thanks all. Jim, I thought 'technically' the Riva plate was supposed to be faster....I was checking some old threads and emails.... .

(?)

Jimbob
    The old riva plate was faster not the new one.

+1
    Get a plate from Jim! I just ordered mine last week can't wait to get it on my ski. Well worth the money

How much of an increase in speed do you see with a stock r&d plate?

http://www.rd-performance.com/perfor.../performer.asp

....apparently only a few mph.

I'm also researching which grate will scrub the most speed. I understand the 1200 grate is basically what Riva & R&D offer for the GP1300 in the kits, not the 800. And although the 800 is faster (cause of angles and such....) it's prone to breakage and cavitation.

I'm wanting the 1200 version/design or equivelent, but am concerned it will scrub speed in glass. I'm not racoing so I don't care about WOT in chop. I've read Worx makes one but might be sim. to the 1200 type and may scrub.... .

I welcome any correction here... .

Jimbob

+1
    Just my 2 cents.

Get the 1200 grate. I have tried both and currently only have the 1200 grate.

The 800 is nice for 1mph on the top end over the 1200, but the cavitation sucks on the 800 grate and puts more wear on your prop/wear ring.

http://www.rd-performance.com/perfor.../performer.asp

....apparently only a few mph.

I'm also researching which grate will scrub the most speed. I understand the 1200 grate is basically what Riva & R&D offer for the GP1300 in the kits, not the 800. And although the 800 is faster (cause of angles and such....) it's prone to breakage and cavitation.

I'm wanting the 1200 version/design or equivelent, but am concerned it will scrub speed in glass. I'm not racoing so I don't care about WOT in chop. I've read Worx makes one but might be sim. to the 1200 type and may scrub.... .

I welcome any correction here... .

Jimbob

Thanks Mike, will the 1200 be slower than the stock grate?

Jimbob

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information