Might have a problem...... 2006 RXT

Today while checking out my RXT before taking it out for this upcoming weekend. I was reconnecting my battery to fire it up and noticed a thin tube/hose coming from the front of the ski on the right side was not connected to anything. I looked around to find a connection and couldnt find any. Is that tube/hose supposed to be loose like that? If not where is the connection? I ran the ski up and it ran fine.

Please help

-Thanks Matt

Battery vent?

That is the breather/vent hose which connects to the side of the battery. It just slips on. Zip tie if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by BDNJ View Post
    That is the breather/vent hose which connects to the side of the battery. It just slips on. Zip tie if you like.
    Okay that would make sense. Where should I look for a hole on the side of the battery? On the side toward the top or bottom?

While we are on the topic of batterys? How high should the water level be? Seems to me like mine are about half way full? Is that right? I couldnt find an level indicator.

Quote Originally Posted by VegasRXTFF View Post
    Okay that would make sense. Where should I look for a hole on the side of the battery? On the side toward the top or bottom?

While we are on the topic of batterys? How high should the water level be? Seems to me like mine are about half way full? Is that right? I couldnt find an level indicator.
    There should be markers higher on the battery, make sure to use distilled water, not tap water, and you should charge it 1st unless its really low, if you fill it then charge it, it may puke acid out of it as the plates absorb acid into the plates if it sits and then will release it when charged...good luck I agree that its the vent tube you saw.

+1

Quote Originally Posted by Maulin Marto View Post
    There should be markers higher on the battery, make sure to use distilled water, not tap water, and you should charge it 1st unless its really low, if you fill it then charge it, it may puke acid out of it as the plates absorb acid into the plates if it sits and then will release it when charged...good luck I agree that its the vent tube you saw.
    Use a 20mm socket or 3/4 and turn the caps 1/4 turn! No more, no less!

i think the vent tube fitting is at the very top of the battery on the right hand side...facing down. It could be hidden by the battery bracket that screws into the hull. The tube fits right through the middle of the battery bracket.

Thread Information