cost effective mods for a RXP to be as a P-X?

what are some cost effective mods to get a RXP to be as quick as a stock P-X in holeshot, acceleration and top speed?
    also, does a wedge affect the handling of the ski? one last question... what is the best for cornering but does not affect top speed much, stock sponsons, aftermarket or lowered stock?

thanks much

Quote Originally Posted by DooSPX View Post
    what are some cost effective mods to get a RXP to be as quick as a stock P-X in holeshot, acceleration and top speed?
    also, does a wedge affect the handling of the ski? one last question... what is the best for cornering but does not affect top speed much, stock sponsons, aftermarket or lowered stock?

thanks much
    Have you read through this at all yet? http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16773 Many things can be cleared up there.

As far as cost effective....well that's kind of subjective. How much are you looking to spend? This will help us do a better job of helping you. But to keep up with an X out of the hole you are going to need an intake grate, air intake, external intercooler, and a greenwheel/vortech gen2, and a prop at the minimum. Top speed you can beat an X with just a better air intake and rideplate bolt holes filled, but for the holeshot you will need much more.

very true x's are one bad boat out the hole

thank you... I would 1500 or so I guess I could chuck at it over a little bit of time. so an external IC, greenwheel or gen 2, kanflex 4" is there anything better that one can do besides the rear air kanaflex?
    what does an P-X run top end? so the 255 hp X with the X charger mainly has better holeshot?

what about the wedge handling and sponsons?

Quote Originally Posted by DooSPX View Post
    thank you... I would 1500 or so I guess I could chuck at it over a little bit of time. so an external IC, greenwheel or gen 2, kanflex 4" is there anything better that one can do besides the rear air kanaflex?
    what does an P-X run top end? so the 255 hp X with the X charger mainly has better holeshot?

what about the wedge handling and sponsons?
    RXP-X runs 69mph top end. The intake grate on it acts like a brake slowing it down some. If your buddy slaps a different intake grate on his X though look out, he will see 3mph gain top end. Now the mods I gave you probably won't get you to beat him out of the hole, but you will keep up and chase him down then pass him. They will keep you under your $1500 target though. If you really want to keep up out of the hole or beat him add a XSC like he has stock, but you will need a rising rate fuel pressure regulator to go with it. $1100 extra for those two items.

Stay with the stock sponsons. Wedge is personal. I have one and don't mind it. It adds 1mph top end and gives you a drier ride if you want that, but does hurt holeshot a little. I'd say don't run a wedge.

thanks! I understand what you are saying. so no wedge...

Thread Information