Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sc fogging mod

Sc fogging mod

Hi i need some photo about where and how to do the sc fogging mod on a stock ultra 250x airbox...
    Any help about fogging mod it is usefull!!
    Thabks

+1

Question OVER fogging?

All,
    while i do not have an answer to the other posters question.. I was curious I was told that there really is no such thing as OVER fogging I guess in the case of "more is better" than none at all, this might be true.I am also thinking that really over doing it could cause problems. has anyone ever had problems as a result of this?

Use the search!

I had the same question. This was where I found the best explaination. No pictures necessary. JB laid it out there in a manner easy to follow.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...hlight=fogging

Fogging

Hi
    when I purchased my 260 the dealer install quite a simple devise made of Garden tubing conection which is screw in and srew out.
    Haven't tried it yet but will tommorrow as per JB I will spray the fogging oil in and run for about 10 secs.

Attached is a photo of what this simple installation looks like.

Below response from Kawasaki Australia

Thank you for your further correspondence. The recommended maintenance schedule in your genuine Kawasaki Owner’s Handbook and other information relating to care and maintenance of your Jet Ski is only the minimum requirement as set out by the manufacturer. Remember your Kawasaki Jet Ski is a state of the art highly tuned 4 stroke high performance vessel as well as an investment and as such may require additional regular preventative maintenance measures which very much depends on the type, area and frequency of usage to ensure maximum reliability and durability of all components.

Salt build up and corrosion are just 2 critical concerns with any vessel particularly if left to stand. In many cases, corrosion issues are likely to result in reduced performance and component failure. With the Kawasaki Ultra 260X model there are naturally enough, additional considerations for normal preventative maintenance regarding the supercharger and its various components and the intercooler. This is why your dealer may have recommended regular fogging with appropriate fogging oil such as the genuine Kawasaki fogging oil which you may purchase through any authorised Kawasaki dealership.

Corrosion and salt build up may cause damage to the supercharger and intercooler and their components in various ways if left unchecked from affecting the drive pulley bearings to adversely affecting the supercharger rotors or restricting the cooling core of the intercooler. In worse case scenarios it may even lead to component failure and serious engine damage. Regular fogging and lubrication of components is the best way to ensure that this never becomes an issue and that your Jet Ski is always well maintained, reliable and ready to use.

In your genuine Kawasaki Owners Handbook on page 108 in the storage chapter, it is recommended that a corrosion protective coating is applied to the supercharger rotors during storage or periods of non usage, and that your Kawasaki dealer is best suited to do this. It is possible however for your Kawasaki Jet Ski dealer to retro fit a system at your cost to enable an easy user fogging system. This is usually just a port with an air/water tight cap fitted to the intake ducting before the supercharger. When you flush the engine with fresh water after usage you just remove the air tight cap and spray a bit of fogging oil into the intake duct which gets sucked into the supercharger coating the rotors, the intercooler core and other internal components.

A good practice to get into also for owner’s who do not ride their Jet Ski’s all that often is to periodically start the engine and run it for a period of time on the tap. These few preventative maintenance precautions and many others such as battery charge maintenance and good cleaning procedures will always ensure maximum reliability for your pride and Joy.

Kawasaki Motors wishes you many happy hours of fun with your Ultra 260X and strongly urges you to direct all further enquiries regarding your jet ski to your preferred authorised Kawasaki Jet ski dealership as they are best suited to assist you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0053.JPG 
Views:	991 
Size:	1.66 MB 
ID:	131605  

Thank you very much. It is possible other photo of the install and the thing alone to understamd better where to buy?
    Thanks

Fog with what? Crc, wd40 ,silicon grease spray?

Fogging

The Install lokks quite easy.
    It is a simple Garden house reticulation system attachment. Part Screws into each other so there is a Male and female attachment. If you go to your garden supplies they will know what I mean they usually use these for blocking water from escaping from the thin line of the reticulation systems. Only anout 5mm in width.

The fogging spray I got from my Kawasaki dealer.
    Called Fogging Oil
    Made in the USA
    Irvine CA
    92618-2084
    (949) 770-0400
    Part Number K61030-002A

I can't see very well the thing... Maybe i have not understand very well. Because what i think on is too big. Is it possible a photo without it?
    If i cannot use this spray now for one time what can i use?
    Thank you very mich

Banned User
    why do you want to that?
    is there any problem on the SC? you have salt in it?

Quote Originally Posted by danieletrono View Post
    I can't see very well the thing... Maybe i have not understand very well. Because what i think on is too big. Is it possible a photo without it?
    If i cannot use this spray now for one time what can i use?
    Thank you very mich

Fogging

Hi Below is picture. I have placed a box around connector.

If you cannot get Fogging Oil from your dealer. Maybe INOX or WD40 will be fine. Just don't use too much.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0053 explanation.jpg 
Views:	855 
Size:	634.4 KB 
ID:	131695  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information