Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: GP-HO

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1

GPR-1 GPR meets FXHO

That's right! I scored an 04 FXHO with 59 hours. The hull is toast. Motor's good.

This is going into a 2000 gpr hull. I bought the GPR a while back with a rebuilt motor for almost nothing. . .well, some assembly required came with a bunch of other parts that i have slowly been selling off. At this point I have turned a $200 profit on the GPR and still have a good motor! My friend blew his 1200 motor a few weeks back, so this motor will likely end up in his ski.

I was using the hull to QC motor mounts and other mock up, but Shibby hooked me up with a FUBAR'D GPR hull, so i'll use that from now on. Thanks bud!

I had to do a little body work on the GPR, so it's getting painted. Been prepping it for the past few days, and my friend's going to shoot it in the next few days.

Going to be a stock motor conversion. Probably put RIVA velocity stacks on it. The FX has the extended HO pump already, so all I need is a dynafly. Already have a riva 1200 grate and an unmodded riva plate. Planning on sealing and setting the shoe, tunnel reinforcement, ect. Standard GPR stuff.

Goal is an upper 60's ski with awesome gas mileage that can be used for cruising and loaning to friends. Should have next to nothing into it, so why the hell not!

Haven't pulled the motor from the FX yet, but from what I have read it should be a near drop in swap. Possibly trim the stringers, use the entire FX driveline, and fuel pump in either the FX or an EFI gpr tank. Mounts should line up. Only real fab work will be the exhaust, but i'm no stranger to that. Should be on the water about a week after the paint's done

if anyone needs gp12r parts or a FX hull with good NY papers, pm me or keep an eye on the classifieds.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 1767.jpg 
Views:	518 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	131320   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 1766.jpg 
Views:	338 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	131321  
    Last edited by addicted; 06-02-2010 at 09:24 PM.

Thats ironic, I was going to buy that ski and do the exact same thing with it.

Good luck with the build. I really want to see how this turns out.

+1
    What the hell!

+1

Talking

oooh, this is gonna be a nice build

+1
    Been busy with the other conversion. This one's ready for paint. Buying the paint today and hopefully shooting it tomorrow. Got a few thing to take care of on the gprxp. gotta get that done for the long weekend. Then its game on

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by addicted View Post
    Been busy with the other conversion. This one's ready for paint. Buying the paint today and hopefully shooting it tomorrow. Got a few thing to take care of on the gprxp. gotta get that done for the long weekend. Then its game on

Damn kid... Talk about moving rite along.. Let me know how taking care of those things on the gprxp works out.. It was awesome hangin with you this weekend.. Hopefully we can get you back down here on a good riding day..

+1
    Hull has been painted. needs to be wet sanded and buffed. was shooting for yammi blue. the guy that mixed it went a little overboard. it's purplish blue metallic, similar to the yammi blue, but also has a ton of blue pearl in it. inside, it looks like something barney pooped out. in the sun tho, the blue pearl pops out. the color is very intricate, and has a bit of a camealion effect to it. Not exactly what I was hoping for, but it's growing on me.

cowls, windscreen and grab bar are getting the 00 silver metallic with either some blue or cf accents. should look cool

started pulling some stuff from the fx donor, and started getting the tunnel reinforcement and brackets in the new hull.

it looks like the gas tank is the same as the gpr, just without the cutout for the oil tank. it would be cool if it was plug and play
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	012.JPG 
Views:	210 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	133963   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	013.JPG 
Views:	201 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	133964   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	014.JPG 
Views:	252 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	133965   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	015.JPG 
Views:	312 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	133966  

Quote Originally Posted by addicted View Post
    Hull has been painted. needs to be wet sanded and buffed. was shooting for yammi blue. the guy that mixed it went a little overboard. it's purplish blue metallic, similar to the yammi blue, but also has a ton of blue pearl in it. inside, it looks like something barney pooped out. in the sun tho, the blue pearl pops out. the color is very intricate, and has a bit of a camealion effect to it. Not exactly what I was hoping for, but it's growing on me.

cowls, windscreen and grab bar are getting the 00 silver metallic with either some blue or cf accents. should look cool

started pulling some stuff from the fx donor, and started getting the tunnel reinforcement and brackets in the new hull.

it looks like the gas tank is the same as the gpr, just without the cutout for the oil tank. it would be cool if it was plug and play

I actually really like that color. How much did the paint job run you?

+1
    Mike, I like that color! nice.

+1
    paint looks good mikey

and the gas tank fits right in like it was ment for the gpr hull, all you'll have to do is flip the straps over to have enough slack,
    and it holds 2 more gallons
    the gas mileage your gonna get out of this conversion is unreal

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information