JAWZ at Lake of the Ozarks

Someone spotted this boat at Lake of the Ozarks. It was built by MTI - 55ft. long and has 4-1075 Mercruisers in it.

Info about the builder
    http://www.marinetechnologyinc.com/index.html

Anybody else have more info on it? Supposedly it's based in Ohio.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jawz%20exterior.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	131363  
    Attached Images Attached Images        

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gtxsc03 View Post
    Someone spotted this boat at Lake of the Ozarks. It was built by MTI - 55ft. long and has 4-1075 Mercruisers in it.

Info about the builder
    http://www.marinetechnologyinc.com/index.html

Anybody else have more info on it? Supposedly it's based in Ohio.
    What would you like to know? The past 2 55's were set up for turbines..1 I think is in st. louis and the other was the guy who previously owned the mercedes mti. There are a couple quad nortechs running around and I think a skater doing pretty well so I guess they want to build this to compete with them. MTI I feel is a step ahead in the cat world.

Yeah, I've seen the turbine boats and some of the MTI racers but not "JAWZ". Is this just for poker runs or Shootout-type events? Where at on Lake Erie? I just wanted to know because I enjoy watching these types of boats and events.
    What's the top end for this setup? I know top speed in the racing boats with two 1500 Sterlings is 175+, and the turbines run 200+, but the weight of four 1075's would seem to slow it down a bit.
    Maybe he just likes the sound!

+1
    I'll be going to the shootout this year and with some luck will get to see this in person.

If you like big, fast boats, you'll have a blast at the Shootout! Been several times and the bad part is riding home afterwards. Big, rough water, dodging cruisers and drunks.

Be a Hero...Punch a Koala Kaotic's Avatar
    I love these boats!
    I'm located in southern indiana. I may have to come up and watch these events. Every time they had the Geico boat on spring it would cruise by. I'd get a hard on and wish i had one.
    IIRC MTI also made MOJO (one of the boats used in MIAMI VICE the movie)

What kind of range do these boats get? (both piston and turbines)

+1
    Lake of the Ozarks definatly is one of the high performace capitals to see these kind of boats. The turbine boats and big piston boats have tanks in them to run large poker runs 100mile at times. I don't know what the mileage per gallon is but I can tell you the boat we run that has tripple 600sc only gets about .2 miles per gallon! There are actually quite a few of the turbine boats that run in the poker run circuit. One of the most famous years ago was flash gordon. I don't know what this boats purpose will be, but most likely it is going to be a poker run boat. They do have an xtreme class in racing now that allows turbines and 4 engine set ups but I just don't know who this boat is for, but can certainly find out. Big Thunder marine at Lake of the Ozarks has been running a 4 Skater for a number years and was when I was there at most of the local poker runs.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gtxsc03 View Post
    Yeah, I've seen the turbine boats and some of the MTI racers but not "JAWZ". Is this just for poker runs or Shootout-type events? Where at on Lake Erie? I just wanted to know because I enjoy watching these types of boats and events.
    What's the top end for this setup? I know top speed in the racing boats with two 1500 Sterlings is 175+, and the turbines run 200+, but the weight of four 1075's would seem to slow it down a bit.
    Maybe he just likes the sound!
    The guy is out of toledo and runs around PIB. It is just a poker run/pleasure set up that will run around 160mph. Sorry I had to make a call, I was kind of curious myself.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks Bob. I go up to Put-In-Bay every year, that's actually why I was curious. Since it has a cabin and a killer sound system, I figured it wasn't for OSS.

David Scott of Nauti-Marine (they used to race the Bud Select boat in OSS), makes early morning passes up LOTO in his Mystic. Best alarm clock ever!
    We're having a Poker Run at LOTO in June, if you're interested...
    http://midwestboatparty.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=20886

Thread Information