Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question 1995 (6?) Polaris 750sl fuel line routing

I have a 1995 (6? - title says 1996 - I know doesn't exist - except the one I have) Polaris 750sl. In cleaing out the hull I removed the fuel tank and labeled the fuel lines at the tank ends. Well, cleaned off the permanent marker on the duck tape I used to mark the lines. Looking at the top of the tank from the front of the ski there are 4 tubes ... one at 12'clock (closest to the back of ski) , one at 3, one at 6, and one at 9. The one at 9 the labeling worked and I have connected ... the rest ??? Can someone help with identifying where the other 3 (or all 4) go?

btw ... anything special about the fuel lines? ... probably never been replaced so I thought while into it to replace them .. any thoughts?

Thanks

Sitting in the ski seat and looking forward

top left-Vent.......top right Reserve
    bottom left- Main......bottom right Return to fuel tank

You didn't say (what you have done) but you need to replace the OEM fuel pump with a Mikuni 3 outlet pump. Replace all of the fuel lines. Don't loose the restrictor in the return line (zip tied about 2 inches from the front carb). Mount the fuel pump low in the hull.

The fuel lines need to be tied up against the top of the fuel tank opening.

While you are at it I would suggest going pre-mix and removing the Oil pump and the oil tank.

Wire in a 33-35 ohm resistor in the oil lines to fool the MFD and it will always show full oil.

Lots of info on this site plus manuals.

Be sure that the on/off/reserve valve is free and clear.

Hope this helps !!!

I just got done doing what your about to do to both my 1995 SL, you can mount your fuel pump right where thw old one was if you like, dont forget to change the inline oil filter if you decide not to block off the oil pump.. I will post the part# when I get home or I will post where you can buy it at.. Cya Slick

Contact John Ziggler about getting youself that triple out fuel pump, I wish I could do more but there only so much I can do from my phone LOL.. Cya Slick

+1
    I have an extra 3 outlet fuel pump if you need one. I just did the same thing slick did. If you have reserve I just made that my main line and blocked off the used to be original main fuel line. Drawback you don't have reserve but it will save you money on fuel line which if you get real tygon its expensive! And you will have one less line in your fuel tank which is one less thing to go wrong in there. I started with real tygon and it got to expensive so I got some line from fuellines.biz Hope this helps Mike

Because of the on off fuel switch recall, the only new ones Ifound on Ebay had one in and one out I also blocked off the main line and made my res my new main fuel line, I did not want to take any chances that switch make a lean problem..Cya Slick

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ujustlost View Post
    ...reserve I just made that my main line and blocked off the...original main fuel line.

Drawback is you don't have reserve...
    And very little warning before you completely run out of fuel, and possibly get stranded on the water somewhere.

With the stock fuel selector arrangement, running on the main fuel pickup - when the engine sputtered from low fuel, that was your signal to change to the reserve feed, and head back to shore for more fuel.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick PWC View Post
    Because of the on off fuel switch recall...
    What recall?

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    What recall?
    some where on the site it says that there is a problem with the on off switch cause lean fuel situation so with that being said I got two new switches, its some where on the site but posting from my phone has limitations LOL..Cya Slick

+1
    Yeah there is a problem with them going bad! Like K said they are re build able though! I just removed mine completely.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information