Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Has anyone tried a X charger on a C180 also has anyone tried a Pump wedge ???

Any input would be nice Thanks guys....

I would say your next mod should be an external intercooler.

Did the plus 2 help with cavitation ? I know that is what we are looking into right now is the external intercooler...

Pitching the prop +2mm won't help cavitation/ventilation, but if you put on an external IC (which I agree should be your next step), you will also need to pitch up about 2mm to take advantage of the extra power.

If you've got a fresh wear ring and your carbon seal is OK, the "cavitation" you feel may just be the feeling of getting a massive 18' boat going with just one jetski pump.

Same thing here.(prop spin). Boat just to heavy for 1 screw.
    just got back from water, need to add 1mm more to prop hits 8180 @52mph GPS full of fuel 4 riders.

A little hint for C180 owners or sim. boats.
    I added some insulation wrap(foil with air gap) all the way around to the 2 buckets that hold ice chest and the heat stays away from ice chest or any thing else in the buckets. Works great. Just make sure you get something that can take the heat!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cfnnslsq View Post
    I would say your next mod should be an external intercooler.
    on your prop, youre saying +2, are you bending the tail towards the front or back +2? thanks
    mike b

Quote Originally Posted by faster7581 View Post
    on your prop, youre saying +2, are you bending the tail towards the front or back +2? thanks
    mike b
    Using the "+" symbol is always going to mean bending the blade ends towards the back, so the blades are pushing more water with each revolution (adding pitch). -2 (minus) would mean the blades ends were pushed 2mm towards the front of the boat, pushing less water and spinning faster. You can really mess up a prop by getting it out of balance and making it less efficient, if it's not repitched correctly.

Thanks for your help should be done this week. I will let you all know how it turns out...

The +2 did actually help with the cavitation. Its still not entirely gone though. Kinda have to feather the throttle until the pig gets moving then hammer it.

If my new cottage property ever stops sucking my pockets dry I intend on getting a 15/20 cause I don't think bending my 14/19 any further is wise....

I can't wait to take it for a run this weekend I am stoked!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information