Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

waterbox vs freeflow

just wondering what are the advantages and disadvantages of each type? same level of sound? more horsepower?

Free-flo for as little as......$8.....loud resonance in the low rpm range....no gain in hp.

Waterbox.....don't know what the diy mod would cost....a box could be had for $300 and up...then you'd probably add a through hull for another $150 or so.....nice sound though....minimal gain in hp.

i love the sound of my rxp diy waterbox with freeflow sounds great not sure about power though

I wanted to ask this question today.. Hp gain would it be better running a free flow (direct pipe out) or water box with a through hull?

+1
    The free flow may give a little better throttle response and that's it. The waterbox and thru hull will net a small hp improvement.

so what everyone is saying is that money can be spent on other mods for improvement first. i just thought with the air intake bringing in more air you also need to get rid of it faster. i personally prefer not to change my exhaust.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by braaapf7 View Post
    so what everyone is saying is that money can be spent on other mods for improvement first. i just thought with the air intake bringing in more air you also need to get rid of it faster. i personally prefer not to change my exhaust.
    For $8 DIY, or $30 (or how ever much) from Jerry/Riva at least do the free-flow. Decent sound, removes resonator box and cleans up the hull a little. The resonance at 3000 RPM is definitly heard, but seriously, how often are you at 3000 RPM? Me??? I am usually at idle (no wake zone), 6000 RPM (cruising) or WOT!

EDIT: I can't find the short free-flow exhaust pipe in either store. I wonder if I will have one available in the next couple weeks when I go through-hull!

+1

Wink

I believe he meens no waterbox or shorty box. No waterbox will net gains. Problem is that its loud as a mutha phuca and it hits the rev limiter real damn quick. But if you like jumping waves and ain`t too old,,,,straight pipe is your ticket.

Yes HOSS i mean a straight pipe ( no water box ) straight out through the hull. I'm not going to loos any power not having back pressure am i ? On a turbo, less back pressure the better and faster the turbo spools up but I'm not sure on super chargers all though they are both called forced induction.

+1

Thumbs up

You are correct. And it doesn`t matter on na motors either. Its what back pressure represents. At 6g and above (any motor, any induction) ,,,,,let tha mutha breathe!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information