+1

Nozzle ring brand?

Who else makes nozzle rings besides riva? Does Skat make rings? I've heard skat makes the riva ones. The reason I ask is because a while back I swapped an adjustable nozzle from an rxt for an rxp nozzle. The 2 nozzles seam to be made by two different manufacturers as the rings are not interchangable. One of them is a riva nozzle and the other we dont know. Any ideas as to what brand the other nozzle may be. We need to know in order to purchase rings for it. Any input is appreciated.
    thanks
    Jim

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    Who else makes nozzle rings besides riva? Does Skat make rings? I've heard skat makes the riva ones. The reason I ask is because a while back I swapped an adjustable nozzle from an rxt for an rxp nozzle. The 2 nozzles seam to be made by two different manufacturers as the rings are not interchangable. One of them is a riva nozzle and the other we dont know. Any ideas as to what brand the other nozzle may be. We need to know in order to purchase rings for it. Any input is appreciated.
    thanks
    Jim
    Jim, can you post pics of the rings or nozzles so we can see the difference? I thought the companies selling nozzle/rings were just having OEM nozzles machined and adding rings. Is it possible the nozzles are different for RXT versus the RXP, OR for any specific year for each model?
    Have I just confused myself?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jpeconsult View Post
    Jim, can you post pics of the rings or nozzles so we can see the difference? I thought the companies selling nozzle/rings were just having OEM nozzles machined and adding rings. Is it possible the nozzles are different for RXT versus the RXP, OR for any specific year for each model?
    Have I just confused myself?
    The nozzles are basicly the same except for a couple small differences between the T and the P. I have the riva nozzle for the P . They are both machined factory nozzles but the problem is that they are machined differently and the rings do not interchange. I dont have the other nozzle to take pics of.

+1
    Jim,

This is usually because one nozzle or set of rings was done by a local machinest. I believe someone in Orlando has been selling quite a few nozzle and ring sets for a while and they are not interchangable with Riva and Skat. I have had the same problem. I have a whole bunch of rings and probably 4 different nozzles and some are not interchangable with the others.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    Jim,

This is usually because one nozzle or set of rings was done by a local machinest. I believe someone in Orlando has been selling quite a few nozzle and ring sets for a while and they are not interchangable with Riva and Skat. I have had the same problem. I have a whole bunch of rings and probably 4 different nozzles and some are not interchangable with the others.
    Thanks James. Yeah, that what I'm hearing. He may need to have 1 0f his rings machined out bigger if that the direction he is needing to go. If I remember correctly that set of rings was in .5 increments so he could turn an 81.5 into a 83 or something but not the other way.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    He may need to have 1 0f his rings machined out bigger if that the direction he is needing to go.
    Thats a good idea.

+1
    Hey James

I may PM you if you have several different ones you may have what I need I will get one of my rings and mic it to see if it matches one of yours if you dont mind

Thank Scott

Thread Information