Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rear air v 4inch

Im nearly done and im looking to do an air mod,i do ride 100% sea but the riva rear air looks tempting,is it only an issue if the ski tips?? Or will a certain amount of water be injested through the spray alone from surf rideing?? The last thing i want is water in my charger......if not its 4inch and riva hood mod..thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MARK_LEGG View Post
    Im nearly done and im looking to do an air mod,i do ride 100% sea but the riva rear air looks tempting,is it only an issue if the ski tips?? Or will a certain amount of water be injested through the spray alone from surf rideing?? The last thing i want is water in my charger......if not its 4inch and riva hood mod..thanks
    The main thing to remember is that if water gets in, it drops directly into the supercharger! That wheel spinning in the 50K rpm range with water hitting it is a bad combination. If you were strictly flat water riding, then I'd say sure, it's a great low restriction intake. But in the ocean, if you jump waves, or too much water splashes in.....it's rebuild time!

Quote Originally Posted by novaprop67 View Post
    The main thing to remember is that if water gets in, it drops directly into the supercharger! That wheel spinning in the 50K rpm range with water hitting it is a bad combination. If you were strictly flat water riding, then I'd say sure, it's a great low restriction intake. But in the ocean, if you jump waves, or too much water splashes in.....it's rebuild time!
    I DO JUMP A BIT,NOT SO MUCH THESE DAYS..HOWEVER I DO RIDE IN CHOP AS HARD AS I CAN AND IM ALLWAYS GETTIN A SOAKING FROM ROUGE WAVES........I WANT MORE AIR...SO 4INCH PLUS RIVA HOOD MOD MIGHT BE FOR ME,OR FLOWRITES MAYBE??

I DO JUMP A BIT,NOT SO MUCH THESE DAYS..HOWEVER I DO RIDE IN CHOP AS HARD AS I CAN AND IM ALLWAYS GETTIN A SOAKING FROM ROUGE WAVES........I WANT MORE AIR...SO 4INCH PLUS RIVA HOOD MOD MIGHT BE FOR ME,OR FLOWRITES MAYBE??
    If it were me in your situation, I would get the 4" Kanaflex tubing with the 4" stainless clamps, run the Kanaflex towards the front of the hull and hang it so the inlet is facing downwards, but held up high enough so it doesn't act like a vacuum sucking up water at the bottom of the hull.

+1
    If it were me in your situation, I would get the 4" Kanaflex tubing with the 4" stainless clamps, run the Kanaflex towards the front of the hull and hang it so the inlet is facing downwards, but held up high enough so it doesn't act like a vacuum sucking up water at the bottom of the hull.
    After you go 4"...In the future, you can move the kanaflex out of the way and insert the rear-air for smooth-water riding.

NO FILTER?? IM RUNING RIVA 3INCH,WITH MY SET UP IM SHORT OF AIR....HOWEVER I GET 79+ ON AN 83 [email protected] A HOLE SHOT THAT EATS X BOATS..IM SURE MORE AIR WOULD GIVE MORE REVS..ALLOWING MORE HOLE SHOT,PLUS 80+ ALLTHOUGH I PREFER HOLE SHOT TO THE TOP END...I DONT WANT TO LOSE MY SETUP...BUT TO IMPROVE IT IF POSS...ANY THOUGHTS

i ride alot in surf during the summer and had a rear intake on my ski...seemed to get a little water in there every time i rode so i went to the 4in front kanaflex and am much happier now.....no more worries of water ingestion....i would recommend the kanaflex for surf riding all day long.

NO FILTER?? IM RUNING RIVA 3INCH,WITH MY SET UP IM SHORT OF AIR....HOWEVER I GET 79+ ON AN 83 [email protected] A HOLE SHOT THAT EATS X BOATS..IM SURE MORE AIR WOULD GIVE MORE REVS..ALLOWING MORE HOLE SHOT,PLUS 80+ ALLTHOUGH I PREFER HOLE SHOT TO THE TOP END...I DONT WANT TO LOSE MY SETUP...BUT TO IMPROVE IT IF POSS...ANY THOUGHTS
    More air will get more power. The Rude2 we used here made 14.5psi with a 3" intake, and with the 4" adapter and 4" intake it made 15.5psi. As far as air filter....in my opinion if you have the air hose facing the correct way you really don't need an air filter. Remember your not really filtering the air out over the water, the filters are to keep spraying water out and flames in (incase of a backfire).

+1
    +1

Stay away from the rear intake for ocean riding. For me, I run the rear air in frsh water and the 4" kanaflex in the ocean. I actually have it setup so that they are swappable in less than 10 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by rxpxseadog View Post
    +1

Stay away from the rear intake for ocean riding. For me, I run the rear air in frsh water and the 4" kanaflex in the ocean. I actually have it setup so that they are swappable in less than 10 minutes.
    YE,RECKON IF I CAN CHANGE IT THAT QUICK........I GET BOTH.......GOTA TAKE THE ROUGH WITH THE SMOOTH........THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO EVERYONE

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information