Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Had Maintenance Done and MAJOR PROBLEMS Happened

I had my thru hull bearings and supercharger bearings changed so that I would avoid any future problems. I also had my supercharger belt changed. Today was the first time that I took it out. At first I ran it a bit at slower speeds then picked it up to full throttle. It felt like it had power but not quite as much. I hit 70.5 which is down about 1.5-2. Ran it again and speed dropped a bit but not much. Then it started to make noises that seemed to come from the front of the ski right when I hit the throttle. I got to about 3300 rpms and thats all it would do and it backed off and was stuttering. It almost felt like a water hose popped off so I pulled to shore and looked under the seat but there was no water in there. I limped it back to the dock and put it on the trailer and looked deeper when I got it on land. My brand new supercharger belt appears to have shredded. Also, the plastic piece that covers the supercharger belt was broken. Could there be any further damage besides the supercharger belt. I was not happy to hear all the noises in the engine cause I had the maintenance done to prevent further damage. Let me know if there are other things that I should check. This F'n sucks!

Maybe they overtightned the belt, causing it to shread up. . I'd return it to the dealer, and tell them they F*ked it up!

+1
    Are the things that I'm explaining consistent with the belt shredding or is it possible that there is more damage?

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by erckawasaki View Post
    I had my thru hull bearings and supercharger bearings changed so that I would avoid any future problems. I also had my supercharger belt changed. Today was the first time that I took it out. At first I ran it a bit at slower speeds then picked it up to full throttle. It felt like it had power but not quite as much. I hit 70.5 which is down about 1.5-2. Ran it again and speed dropped a bit but not much. Then it started to make noises that seemed to come from the front of the ski right when I hit the throttle. I got to about 3300 rpms and thats all it would do and it backed off and was stuttering. It almost felt like a water hose popped off so I pulled to shore and looked under the seat but there was no water in there. I limped it back to the dock and put it on the trailer and looked deeper when I got it on land. My brand new supercharger belt appears to have shredded. Also, the plastic piece that covers the supercharger belt was broken. Could there be any further damage besides the supercharger belt. I was not happy to hear all the noises in the engine cause I had the maintenance done to prevent further damage. Let me know if there are other things that I should check. This F'n sucks!
    Sounds to me like who ever fitted the belt may have adjusted it incorrectly,and thats wot broke your cover, and then that may have shredded the belt, all depends if the broken plastic was rubbing on the belt!!

Even though for the last 12 months or more we have been telling people to remove the cover so you can see the belt yourself)

this is a perfect example of why you have NO cover
    I check my belt EVERY time I flush my ski

eitherway this sucks to have a new belt fail, I would be straight back to them Bro

Waz

+1
    You said they changed the S/C bearings. Are you talking about the S/C pully bearing? They may not have the pully allignd correctly. There are several shims behind the pully that go over the s/c snout. Maybe they did not get them back in the right spot and the pully is out of align. Could be that along with too tight a belt did it.
    When you had that S/C pully off, you should have installed an R&D billet S/C snout. They are way more stout that the cast aluminum stocker. It's cheap insurance when you have as many
    mods as you do on your ski.
    P.S. Just like Waz and everyone else has been saying....
    get rid of that belt cover!

+1
    Here's a pic of the stock VS R&D supercharger snout.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hub 005.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	849.1 KB 
ID:	131735  

+1
    Is the belt shreaded or kinda chewed up?

+1
    completely shredded. It is a mess inside the ski.

Did they maybe leave the Belt Tensioner tool in there? Feel around in the bottom see if you find something! That would SUCK!!

+1
    I am convinced many of these stupid dealers don't have a clue how to service PWC.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information