+1

RUST On #3 Cylinder???

I'm a moderator at the Yamaha Jet Boaters board. There has been a lot of discussion lately about rust forming in the #3 cylinder of the 4-stroke engines.

We've had a number of people that have found rust on that spark plug. This week, we had a member that actually suffered an engine failure because of it.

We believe that when these engines stop, it is usually with the #3 exhaust valve in the open position, which allows moisture from the exhaust system to enter the cylinder.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Any thoughts/ideas would be most welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    I'm a moderator at the Yamaha Jet Boaters board. There has been a lot of discussion lately about rust forming in the #3 cylinder of the 4-stroke engines.

We've had a number of people that have found rust on that spark plug. This week, we had a member that actually suffered an engine failure because of it.

We believe that when these engines stop, it is usually with the #3 exhaust valve in the open position, which allows moisture from the exhaust system to enter the cylinder.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Any thoughts/ideas would be most welcome!
    that's a pretty good theory, I'm a honda mechanic and i've found that on a lot of 98-02 honda accord 4 cylinder motors that they stop in the same position quite often, could possibly have something to do with the balance shafts in them. Now if someone could come up with a solution to that pehenomenon i would be pretty impressed.

Thread Information