Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: heeeeelp!!!

www.bluraycomics1.com bluraycomics's Avatar

heeeeelp!!!

Just installed an rr ecu, valve train upgrade kit and oil jet. I am now only turning 7700 rpms! Previously I was turning 8100 and was hoping to get more with the rr ecu. Any suggestions? Maybe go with a 14/19 prop?? I am pissed off!! Any suggestions would be great!!

what prop are you running? what size injectors?
    +
    sorry did't see the sig the first time. i

42# injectors and 15/20 prop

Quote Originally Posted by bluraycomics View Post
    42# injectors and 15/20 prop
    thats a big drop... check for boost leaks

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    All the stuff you installed does nothing to increase power. You were turning 8100 rpm with the stock ecu and that is under the limiter. You now need a bigger SC or a smaller prop to take advantage of the higher rev limit of the new ecu. The drop is probably due to different fuel and timing curves of the different ecu's. The stock is designed to make max hp at 8100-8150 rpm and the rr ecu is way higher than that.

Quote Originally Posted by NCHeel View Post
    All the stuff you installed does nothing to increase power. You were turning 8100 rpm with the stock ecu and that is under the limiter. You now need a bigger SC or a smaller prop to take advantage of the higher rev limit of the new ecu. The drop is probably due to different fuel and timing curves of the different ecu's. The stock is designed to make max hp at 8100-8150 rpm and the rr ecu is way higher than that.

I realize everything done does not increase power but needed to be done to support the higher rpms. Are you suggesting bigger injectors then the 42s and a smaller prop? A little history: I added the xs intercooler and was redlining, i then installed the 15/20 and was hitting about 7700 - 7800 rpm. next i installed the rr supercharger and hit my best 8000-8100 at 72.1 mph. And here I am with the next upgrade to a rr ecu and I now sit with 7700 rpm. What to do?

+1
    I realize everything done does not increase power but needed to be done to support the higher rpms. Are you suggesting bigger injectors then the 42s and a smaller prop? A little history: I added the xs intercooler and was redlining, i then installed the 15/20 and was hitting about 7700 - 7800 rpm. next i installed the rr supercharger and hit my best 8000-8100 at 72.1 mph. And here I am with the next upgrade to a rr ecu and I now sit with 7700 rpm. What to do?
    read the 4th post here i think this is your problem How To: Install RR ECU after the knock sensor update 04 RXP - Green Hulk PWC P

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    He's right it could be the knock sensor resistor. Check into that.

Where do you see me suggesting bigger injectors? Injectors do not increase hp or rpm's by themselves(they can affect it if the AFR is too lean or too rich). The only reason to change injector size is to get your air/fuel mixture right. There are 2 traditional ways to increase hp on these ski's, boost and colder. denser air. You already have an external IC so more hp would come from higher boost. Rpm's are controlled by your prop size. When you had a smaller prop you were on the rev limiter so you added a bigger prop to set your ski up to run 8100 rpm's in your current configuration. You now want to go faster so you raised your rev limiter but you did nothing to increase hp or rpm's. you can increase the boost or go back to a smaller prop. A 14/19 at 8600 will be faster than a 15/20 at 8100 rpm's.

Check into the knock sensor issue and try the old prop and see what happens.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Oh, I just realized you are not running a rrfpr. How have you deemed this new set up safe? How do you know what your AFR is? The only way you can safely do the type of upgrade that you have without checking the AFR is to buy a complete stage kit that has been tested numerous times and deemed safe for the engine and then you still should check it. When you go hodge podge like you have with an XS IC, a RR ECU, A RR SC, Riva exhaust, unknown air intake and only bumped your injectors up one size you need to know the AFR or have someone with the same set up who has tested it.

+1
    I am not familiar with the RR ECU but even with stock ECU your RMP's sound low. Did you check the pitch of the impeller. If it has not been touched chances are it is probably closer to a 14/19. Sounds like the pigtail (knock sensor) may be the solution. Like others said you have to repitch the impeller to get your RPM's up higher.

Reason I say your stock ECU RPMs sound low is because with my mods basically stage 3 with Rude1 SC but running stock ECU/valvetrain. With a 15/20 pitched to a true 15/21 I was turning 8160 RPM with 82mm ring, 77.2MPH. Now with 78* salt water and 85* air I was at 8120 with 82mm ring.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information