Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned User

Will Gen 1 Riva alum pipes work with XS cooler?

As title says I am wondering if the Alum. Gen 1 intercooler pipes work with the XS Cooler or will i need a different set of pipes?

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyRXT View Post
    As title says I am wondering if the Alum. Gen 1 intercooler pipes work with the XS Cooler or will i need a different set of pipes?
    They work just fine but you'll need to get (2)3" to 2.5" couplers and two(2) 2.5" to 2.5" do go from the SC to intake tube and 1 from outake IC to TB.
    If your using a Riva bracket you'll have to flatten it out before installation.
    The Riva pipes are gonna be a bit long, just make sure it's not metal to metal anywhere(ex. SC touching the Riva pipe)

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex13 View Post
    They work just fine but you'll need to get (2)3" to 2.5" couplers and two(2) 2.5" to 2.5" do go from the SC to intake tube and 1 from outake IC to TB.
    If your using a Riva bracket you'll have to flatten it out before installation.
    The Riva pipes are gonna be a bit long, just make sure it's not metal to metal anywhere(ex. SC touching the Riva pipe)
    I am needing to put an XSintercooler on the riva bracket, can you elaborate on what you mean by flattening out the riva bracket?

+1
    Dont forget you will need the larger T-Bolt clamps (3" ) for the intercooler side.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dhoad View Post
    I am needing to put an XSintercooler on the riva bracket, can you elaborate on what you mean by flattening out the riva bracket?
    Doug, you have to flatten out the 45 degree bend on the one side of the riva bracket so that the area where the ic sits is flat.

+1
    I am not sure how you all got the Riva Gen 1 pipes working with a XS IC without modifying anything except for the bracket. Pretty amazing if you ask me considering I found the pipe that goes from the IC to the TB to be too short.

Now here are my findings:

• Take the mounting bracket to a machine shop and have them remove the angle on the bracket where the IC sits. Stock this bracket will not work with the IC without making the part where the IC sits completly flat.
    • The IC still will not sit properly on the bracket becasue the rubber bungie cords will be pushing against it from where they mount on the back side of the bracket. What I did was use the same bungie cords and fashioned an extension by using 3 inch long screws for the bungie cords. This way the IC is not being pushed forward on the mounting plate. I forgot to take a picture of this setup but if anyone wants more details just let me know and I will let you know.
    • The IC pipe that goes from the SC to the IC does not need moddified. You only need a 3 inch to a 2.75 inch reducer coupler along with 3 inch T bolt clamps.
    • The IC pipe going from the IC to the TB needs to be extended by 2 inches. This can be done at a pipe welding place, I found a place down the street from me and they charged me 20 bucks to do this. Again you will need a 3 inch to 2.75 inch reducer.
    • Please note the Riva pipes are 2.75 inch pipes and NOT 2.5 inch. You must find a company with some 2.75 inch pipe to extend the 1 pipe from the IC to the TB, telling them 2.5 inch. Most places do NOT carry 2.75 inch piping but carry 2.5 inch so make sure you get this part right so you dont waste your time.
    Here are some pics of the stock Riva pipe and the same pipe with a 2inch extension. Hope this helps everyone out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mini-DSC00868.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	252.6 KB 
ID:	132213   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mini-DSC00874.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	228.6 KB 
ID:	132214   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mini-DSC00877.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	314.6 KB 
ID:	132215   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mini-DSC00882.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	251.8 KB 
ID:	132216   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mini-DSC00886.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	184.7 KB 
ID:	132217   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mini-DSC00890.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	144.1 KB 
ID:	132218  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by aha View Post
    I am not sure how you all got the Riva Gen 1 pipes working with a XS IC without modifying anything except for the bracket. Pretty amazing if you ask me considering I found the pipe that goes from the IC to the TB to be too short.

Now here are my findings:

• Take the mounting bracket to a machine shop and have them remove the angle on the bracket where the IC sits. Stock this bracket will not work with the IC without making the part where the IC sits completly flat.
    • The IC still will not sit properly on the bracket becasue the rubber bungie cords will be pushing against it from where they mount on the back side of the bracket. What I did was use the same bungie cords and fashioned an extension by using 3 inch long screws for the bungie cords. This way the IC is not being pushed forward on the mounting plate. I forgot to take a picture of this setup but if anyone wants more details just let me know and I will let you know.
    • The IC pipe that goes from the SC to the IC does not need moddified. You only need a 3 inch to a 2.75 inch reducer coupler along with 3 inch T bolt clamps.
    • The IC pipe going from the IC to the TB needs to be extended by 2 inches. This can be done at a pipe welding place, I found a place down the street from me and they charged me 20 bucks to do this. Again you will need a 3 inch to 2.75 inch reducer.
    • Please note the Riva pipes are 2.75 inch pipes and NOT 2.5 inch. You must find a company with some 2.75 inch pipe to extend the 1 pipe from the IC to the TB, telling them 2.5 inch. Most places do NOT carry 2.75 inch piping but carry 2.5 inch so make sure you get this part right so you dont waste your time.
    Here are some pics of the stock Riva pipe and the same pipe with a 2inch extension. Hope this helps everyone out.
    Bro, I just did this to Alex's boat 2 weeks ago and all i did was flatten out the bracket. Everything else was fine. It was not that hard. I suppose you could cut the angle off instead of bending it though.

+1
    I wish it were that easy for me, unfortunately as you can see from the pics I had to do a bit more then flatten out the mounting bracket.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by aha View Post
    I wish it were that easy for me, unfortunately as you can see from the pics I had to do a bit more then flatten out the mounting bracket.
    I see that. I wonder what the difference was that made yours so much more complicated.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    I see that. I wonder what the difference was that made yours so much more complicated.
    Yeah so do I since it was a total pain lol!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information