05-15-2009, 09:14 PM #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2007
- Reading PA
Will Gen 1 Riva alum pipes work with XS cooler?
As title says I am wondering if the Alum. Gen 1 intercooler pipes work with the XS Cooler or will i need a different set of pipes?
05-15-2009, 09:20 PM #2
- Join Date
- Jul 2006
If your using a Riva bracket you'll have to flatten it out before installation.
The Riva pipes are gonna be a bit long, just make sure it's not metal to metal anywhere(ex. SC touching the Riva pipe)
05-18-2009, 08:21 AM #3
05-18-2009, 08:53 AM #4
Dont forget you will need the larger T-Bolt clamps (3" ) for the intercooler side.
05-18-2009, 09:05 AM #5
05-18-2009, 09:08 AM #6
I am not sure how you all got the Riva Gen 1 pipes working with a XS IC without modifying anything except for the bracket. Pretty amazing if you ask me considering I found the pipe that goes from the IC to the TB to be too short.
Now here are my findings:
- Take the mounting bracket to a machine shop and have them remove the angle on the bracket where the IC sits. Stock this bracket will not work with the IC without making the part where the IC sits completly flat.
- The IC still will not sit properly on the bracket becasue the rubber bungie cords will be pushing against it from where they mount on the back side of the bracket. What I did was use the same bungie cords and fashioned an extension by using 3 inch long screws for the bungie cords. This way the IC is not being pushed forward on the mounting plate. I forgot to take a picture of this setup but if anyone wants more details just let me know and I will let you know.
- The IC pipe that goes from the SC to the IC does not need moddified. You only need a 3 inch to a 2.75 inch reducer coupler along with 3 inch T bolt clamps.
- The IC pipe going from the IC to the TB needs to be extended by 2 inches. This can be done at a pipe welding place, I found a place down the street from me and they charged me 20 bucks to do this. Again you will need a 3 inch to 2.75 inch reducer.
- Please note the Riva pipes are 2.75 inch pipes and NOT 2.5 inch. You must find a company with some 2.75 inch pipe to extend the 1 pipe from the IC to the TB, telling them 2.5 inch. Most places do NOT carry 2.75 inch piping but carry 2.5 inch so make sure you get this part right so you dont waste your time.
05-18-2009, 09:13 AM #7
05-18-2009, 09:16 AM #8
I wish it were that easy for me, unfortunately as you can see from the pics I had to do a bit more then flatten out the mounting bracket.
05-18-2009, 09:19 AM #9
05-18-2009, 09:26 AM #10
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By spongebob in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (2-stroke)Replies: 3Last Post: 04-02-2012, 05:14 PM
By bksbigboy69 in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 3Last Post: 07-23-2011, 05:52 PM
By dav_dman in forum Yamaha Old School SkisReplies: 1Last Post: 07-08-2007, 04:07 PM
By ExciterGPR in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)Replies: 3Last Post: 07-02-2006, 02:14 PM
By Sirhc7897 in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 3Last Post: 02-20-2006, 02:21 AM