Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rd fzr grate

Rd fzr grate

Anyone tried the rd intake grate yet. If so did it elimanate the pump stuff issue?
    Tahnks

+1
    From what I've read both Riva and R&D grates have stopped the overstuffing issue. The FZR that just accomplished the 80mph mark was using an R&D grate.

thanks mike

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bm27 View Post
    thanks mike
    I spoke with Glenn at R&D for about 30 minutes on Friday regarding this issue. I got bucked and hurt pretty bad so its a HUGE deal to me from a safety standpoint and not a performance one. He told me that they have had no issues with over stuffing at all and the skis they run are in the 80mph range. He also said that even stock, they had no issues even with running the OEM grate so over stuffing is kind of hit or miss but trust me, you dont want to be the one that gets hit I promise. Of course he was trying to promote his product and I liked what he had to say. I am going to call Riva and get their spill before I buy but I'm leaning the R&D way right now. To be honest they will both do about the same thing but its important that you get one of them before any mods; this should be the first purchase.

i

Thanks but i already have the riva air intake exhaust manifold upgrade c1-11 wheel and the powershot tuner so i ,m there

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by spinaker View Post
    I spoke with Glenn at R&D for about 30 minutes on Friday regarding this issue. I got bucked and hurt pretty bad so its a HUGE deal to me from a safety standpoint and not a performance one. He told me that they have had no issues with over stuffing at all and the skis they run are in the 80mph range. He also said that even stock, they had no issues even with running the OEM grate so over stuffing is kind of hit or miss but trust me, you dont want to be the one that gets hit I promise. Of course he was trying to promote his product and I liked what he had to say. I am going to call Riva and get their spill before I buy but I'm leaning the R&D way right now. To be honest they will both do about the same thing but its important that you get one of them before any mods; this should be the first purchase.
    They both do the exact same thing. I don't think it requires hours of research and phone calls to all the aftermarket manufacturers. If Glen spent 30 mins with you on the phone about it I would order from him.

+1
    [quote=hitman;1061505]They both do the exact same thing. I don't think it requires hours of research and phone calls to all the aftermarket manufacturers. If Glen spent 30 mins with you on the phone about it I would order from him. [/q

I like to know as much as I can about what Im buying before I buy.

rode today in nj in some shitty conditions no bucking or over stuffing at all
    the ski rides alot smaller then it is. kinda reminds u of a gpr

I will second that - I ran the ski yesterday with the R&D grate and tried several times going from mid 60's, then, chopping the throttle and it did not do anything. For a side bar, I am going from a modified GP1200 (Group K) to the FZR and it does handle smaller, but, it bites harder when you turn.

The ski only has two hours on the meter and the water was as white (30-35 mph winds) as I have seen it, but, with a full tank of gas it was easy to hit 66 mph (GPS), it had more in it, but, it was starting to hit the limiter because of the rough water.

Just a warning to any new 4-cycle owners, I was used to the GP1200, with it I had to apply throttle to get it to start, the FZS will not start if you apply any throttle, there is a lock-out in the ECU.

good to know.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information