Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ppk installed......

Well, I got the ppk and grate installed....WHAT A MESS...I never want to have to do that again...I got that crud all over me haha..But I do have one issue, On one side of the pump shoe on the bottom seems there is a air bubble, I keep putting 5200 on it and it bubbles up and blows out...just a very small hole....i tried to let it set up some and then add 5200 with no luck as well...will that effect it alot?

+1
    probably wont effect much, as long as there is 5200 on the inside

you think its a mess now, wait till tomorrow when it all expands and there are dingleberrys popping out everywhere

I put a ton of 5200 inside...I was told it will cure in 24 hrs and i can hit the water to see how it works...just wanna run it for a bit and then load it back up....can you sand 5200 down to smooth it out?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kcauley View Post
    I put a ton of 5200 inside...I was told it will cure in 24 hrs and i can hit the water to see how it works...just wanna run it for a bit and then load it back up....can you sand 5200 down to smooth it out?
    give it atleast 48hours to cure IMO

no sanding 5200 once it sets up... you can trim it with a razor blade and re-fill if necessary

glad you said something...I was going to throw it in the water on sunday for a a couple minutes and load it back up...had a motor issue and i feel i got it resolved and want to make sure all was well....

Nothin' runs like a Deere IowanGPR's Avatar
    yes, let it set up as long as you can. the longer the better. I know you want to get out on it but if you can let it set longer that would be best. also, if you have a floor jack that you can put a wood block on top of and put pressure on the shoe over night that would work to your advantage as well.

If your not doing something, its hard to screw up. stlouisramsfan's Avatar
    Give it time, 24 hours is four a thin bead, if there are thick spots it will take longer to cure all the way through, be patient, clean and wax the outside, get some degreaser hand wipes and wipe down the engine compartment walls, search this forum and read all you can about your ski, the extra time you give that ppk to cure the better imo...

Thanks for the tips guys...Now once I get it on the water lets keep our fingers crossed It works well haha. Its a rainy mess here today in Texas so It will probably be tomorrow evening that would be about 50 hours on it...

If your not doing something, its hard to screw up. stlouisramsfan's Avatar
    I know there is a new motor, what happened to the original, what all have you done to this ski to make it more reliable?

Motor has 7 hours on it. Overall ski has 45. New instake grate, D plate and chip ppk kit. Everything else is stock...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information