Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: T.O.P.S

Duppy no who fi frighten, Make Dem Try Good2Go16's Avatar

T.O.P.S

Whats Ohms should be coming to the T.O.P.S sensor next to the oil filler on a 04' RXP. The code for this sensor is coming up but its a brand new sensor. The bike wont rev past 5500rpm.

Any food for thought on this problem?

Is there a special way to install this sensor maybe i done it wrong?

Is the T.O.P.S different on the 03' GTX from the 04' RXP?

Quote Originally Posted by Good2Go16 View Post
    Whats Ohms should be coming to the T.O.P.S sensor next to the oil filler on a 04' RXP. The code for this sensor is coming up but its a brand new sensor. The bike wont rev past 5500rpm.

Any food for thought on this problem?

Is there a special way to install this sensor maybe i done it wrong?

Is the T.O.P.S different on the 03' GTX from the 04' RXP?
    If I remember it right....the resistance test was between 1.27 and 2.47 ohms. The reason your ski won't rev pass 5500 rpm is ski is on limp mode. The T. O. P. S. system has a few parts integrated or connected all together. The part you just replaced is just 1 part of the system. There is another part beside your MPEM on the lower right side if you are looking at it. That's the switch that tells the part you have just replaced that your ski is upside down. That switch is a mercury filled switch......don't eat it, not good

Thanks Jammer, Do i have to replace this switch also?

+1
    Make a bypass,you don't need tops.

I have done it ,and rides fine!

Its not difficult to do,there are threads on this problem placed earlier on this forum.

When your jumping waves your engine won't go to limp mode anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by richrxp View Post
    Make a bypass,you don't need tops.

I have done it ,and rides fine!

Its not difficult to do,there are threads on this problem placed earlier on this forum.

When your jumping waves your engine won't go to limp mode anymore.
    Richrxp, I jump waves too, but mine does not go on limp mode What you posted is another option but risky, because I have fliped my ski twice and during those 2 times I am glad I have the TOPS system working. The only thing that went on "LIMP MODE" was first my eyes, as it got bigger as I saw how high I got on thye jump .......and the rest of my body on impact I didn't know you can submarine an RXP ass first on landing, since I rode it like a dirt bike

You have a bad MPEM modual. Replace the MPEM modual and it will run great!!! also have all the codes cleared off when you install the MPEM!!! When a MPEM goes bad it always says the TOPS is bad!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jammer 1 View Post
    Richrxp, I jump waves too, but mine does not go on limp mode What you posted is another option but risky, because I have fliped my ski twice and during those 2 times I am glad I have the TOPS system working. The only thing that went on "LIMP MODE" was first my eyes, as it got bigger as I saw how high I got on thye jump .......and the rest of my body on impact I didn't know you can submarine an RXP ass first on landing, since I rode it like a dirt bike
    I know how that feels. To land ass first it aint nice.

Quote Originally Posted by WMFwatercraft View Post
    You have a bad MPEM modual. Replace the MPEM modual and it will run great!!! also have all the codes cleared off when you install the MPEM!!! When a MPEM goes bad it always says the TOPS is bad!!!!
    I will check it out thanks for the advice.

The bike is also putting up a few more codes. P1502 an P0113. Any ideas on what they may be, I lost my service manual.

+1

Quote Originally Posted by Good2Go16 View Post
    I will check it out thanks for the advice.

The bike is also putting up a few more codes. P1502 an P0113. Any ideas on what they may be, I lost my service manual.

When the MPEM goes bad it send alot of different codes!!! the TOPS is the first and biggest problem!! replace it and everything will be good!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information