Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Seadoo 2008 RXP-X Problem!!!!!

Morning just a question i own a Seadoo RXP-X 2008 i have just fitted a Riva Stage 1 Kit on my ski and have found that i havent gained a lot of Top End speed my speedo is showing 70mph at 80250Rpm and i have been radard at 69
    The items i have put on my ski are as followed
    RIVA RXP-X Performance Power Filter Kit 1 RS13050-06
    RIVA RXP-X Top Loader Intake Grate 1 RS22080
    Solas R-Series Concord Impeller 1 SRX-CD-15/22R
    RIVA 2° Pump Wedge 1 RS23050
    RIVA RXP-X VTS Extension Rod 1 RS23050-1-ER
    RIVA RXP-X Pro-Series Reduction Nozzle 1 RS23050-N
    wed
    Riva Free Flow Exhaust kit
    Can anybody help in telling if im am doing something wrong or what i might be missing .
    I have hooked my ski up to a computer at a Seadoo Dealer and nothing seams wrong CONFUSSED!!!! ???????

+1
    80250???? do you mean 8250???

If you are turning the 15/22 @ 8250 you are doing well and should be in the low to mid 70s GPS.

canadian iceman
    +1
    the stock speedo will not show higher than 70 mph....do you have a buddy that you compared this too before the mods?? if so ...go compare now and you may see some difference...does it feel faster?? that prop should kick ass on stock!!

Throw that Riva intake grate away and put the R&D or the Worx grate on. We gained3.4mph on a stock RXP-X just from using the R&D grate!!!!

Oh and yeah, the speedo only reads to 70mph, anything above that will require a GPS or radar gun.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by powerhouse View Post
    Morning just a question i own a Seadoo RXP-X 2008 i have just fitted a Riva Stage 1 Kit on my ski and have found that i havent gained a lot of Top End speed my speedo is showing 70mph at 80250Rpm and i have been radard at 69
    The items i have put on my ski are as followed
    RIVA RXP-X Performance Power Filter Kit 1 RS13050-06
    RIVA RXP-X Top Loader Intake Grate 1 RS22080
    Solas R-Series Concord Impeller 1 SRX-CD-15/22R
    RIVA 2° Pump Wedge 1 RS23050
    RIVA RXP-X VTS Extension Rod 1 RS23050-1-ER
    RIVA RXP-X Pro-Series Reduction Nozzle 1 RS23050-N
    wed
    Riva Free Flow Exhaust kit
    Can anybody help in telling if im am doing something wrong or what i might be missing .
    I have hooked my ski up to a computer at a Seadoo Dealer and nothing seams wrong CONFUSSED!!!! ???????
    Bro, your stock speedo only goes to 70mph and is not accurate anyhow. if you are turning 8250 you are bumping the limiter and should drop 1 nozzle ring size or add some pitch to your prop to get your r's down around 8100-8150. It sounds to me like your boat is running great you just need to dial it in a bit and get a gps to check speed. I bet you'll run 73+mph.

+1
    8200 is the rev limit on an X-ecu. Not sure how you are turning more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1300r View Post
    8200 is the rev limit on an X-ecu. Not sure how you are turning more than that.
    His post says 80250, he probably meant 8050 being that the 2 is right under the 5 on the keyboard....he probably hit the 2 by accident.

Armin of PPG/Novaprop67, is probably right about the typo-

Quote Originally Posted by novaprop67 View Post
    His post says 80250, he probably meant 8050 being that the 2 is right under the 5 on the keyboard....he probably hit the 2 by accident.

Ok my friend, we need more clarity on the information you provided-

First, Is it 8050 RPM ?
    What ring size are you running in the reduction nozzle ?

What is the altitude, and aproximately what are air temp? water temp? and humidity ?- (a close guess is ok on these)- A ski in FL at sea level in high heat and humidity is going to give very different numbers than a ski on or near the great lakes in Minnesota.

Next- as several others have pointed out- your stock speedometer is useless for tuning.
    You need to get a Garmin "GPSMap76" handheld GPS- (online- west marine- boaters world, etc.) or something very similar- I use the GPSMap76 because it is easy to mount with duct tape, it is very durable and it is waterproof. Ideally you do all your testing with the same GPS each time- do not switch between GPS, Radar and speedo #'s when testing and talking about testing. Consistency is what you are always looking for when testing. Consistency helps eliminate uncertainty about the results.

Make sure you test consistently on flat glass water. This in neccesary for a couple reasons-
    1) when testing on different days, the water conditions need to be the same or VERY similar. Ideally you use the same calm test stretch each time. It is good if the atmospheric conditions are the same or similar on each test day, too. This is the only way to really truly know the effect of each change you make - whether it made you faster, slower, or stayed the same. If you are making multiple changes throughout a test session- you should also make notes back at the ramp or dock to keep track of what changes had what efffect.

2) During testing on your consistent piece of water, you need to make multiple passes to verify the data you are getting. When you make changes, sometimes it can take 20+ passes for the ski to adjust to and reflect the change. Be patient and take numerous runs to get a really good idea what the effect of the change was, if any. You can't make just make one pass and call the results good or bad. Make multiple passes to verify the info. If you are within a couple tenths of a MPH after several runs- you know you are getting accurate GPS and RPM data.

3) Also try to test with consistent fuel loads- you should get your fastest speeds as the fuel load becomes lighter.

4) Another reason for testing in calm, flat water is that you can look at the gps while testing- if you have wake, traffic and chop- you can't pay attention to the boats feedback and the gps numbers will be close to useless with the loading and unloading of the pump in chop.

5) After your Stage 1 Install-- you must make only one change at a time as you dial in the ski, and then do your multiple passes. This way, you can isolate the effect of each change you make to the ski.

Let us know more- the people on this forum are very knowledgable and willing to help. The more info they have , the more helpful they can be.

If your RXPX is truly no different in calm, consistent water, with the Stage 1 installed, you might start by testing the slip on the SC. Another thing you want to install on this ski is a boost gauge. This will help you monitor your SC's health. If you see you are getting lower boost numbers than you should have, your SC is telling you it is having problems- and lower boost would mean you are down on power.

Lastly, here is an excellent set-up sugesstion for you. This is a fast and reliable 72/73 on and RXTX- and is basically your same set-up plus a couple extras- I call it RXTX Stage 1 Plus. I would think you would run 74-75 with the below listed set-up on a RXPX.

Set-up threads:
    http://www.pwcoffshoreforums.com/showthread.php?t=12
    OR
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=90568

Good Luck with it.
    David Walker
    08' V/M Offshore National Champ

he says he radared at 69...probably all those useless riva products on there that don't do anything...

Also there is a guy in OZ running 75mph with Intake grate...Repitched 15/22r... through hull...I'm running a RXT-X at 70mph ON GPS with OEM cut grate, 4"air and 15/22R and flame arrestor removed at 8200 RPM..next will be repitch...These skis are easy to get to and over 70 without blowing all your money on riva products...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information