Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

need BUDS help with used riva ecu install

---edit---
    well this issue has been resolved. I took the ski down to Riva (yea that was a drive but well worth it). turns out there was a voltage drop somewhere in the dess harness and the riva specs are tighter than the oem ecu. That's why it would see the oem ecu but not the riva ecu. The guys down at Riva were awsome.. nice and knowledgable. They scheduled me in a week or so in advanced, i dropped it off and in a few hours i got a call from bruce saying it was ready... so if anyone wants to open up a dealership SC would be a good place ...again Thanks to Bruce and the guys at Riva for reading about 100 private messages and all his efforts. I took the ski out and the thing runs like a bat outta hell, my Rude loves more rpm

04 Seadoo RXP
    trying to install a used ecu from a 05
    i called riva and got an activation code for my ski but that doesnt work,
    i told the dealer to try the old activation code from the other ski but i dont think they had any luck with that either.
    at one point riva said to send it back to them so they can clear the memory or something. This is a headache this is the 4th dealer it has been too.
    Last edited by BoostedH23a1; 07-22-2009 at 06:53 AM.

+1
    just had the same problem went 2 get my tps set to 0 on a riva ecu and d.u.d.s whoud not work with it called riva thay said it will work dont know what to do?

toss em and buy a rotax racing

It can be done.

Correct me if I am wrong here...

You bought a used RIVA ecu without a key? It will have been locked to that key.
    That's where the problems start. The key from the ski that had the ECU installed should have come with it, then you take out your old one... complete with key, and do as you wish with it. take it to get BUDS zero in the TB, and install the Riva one with its key it was running with...and you are off.

Rule of thumb, never buy a used Riva ecu without the key it was set to run with.

+1
    I got both riva keys and tb with my riva ecu just will not conect with buds

up
    Last edited by BoostedH23a1; 05-31-2009 at 04:24 PM.

+1
    Guy's, the dealers you are working with don't have a clue. Please PM Bruce here on the forum and he will get you the help you need

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BoostedH23a1 View Post
    04 Seadoo RXP
    trying to install a used ecu from a 05
    i called riva and got an activation code for my ski but that doesnt work,
    i told the dealer to try the old activation code from the other ski but i dont think they had any luck with that either.
    at one point riva said to send it back to them so they can clear the memory or something. This is a headache this is the 4th dealer it has been too.

I have had problems with the Riva ECU's as well, there is a certian way it needs to be done or it wont work!!! It takes time and someone who knows what they are doing!!!

Buds has enough trouble with the different configurations that seadoo does. With ECUs MPEMs and clusters. This one has it this one dont and ect.ect. I can see me spending an hour or hours playing with it and not getting paid for it to find out its broke.. Boy sure sounds like fun. not

Well I have NEVER had any problems with RIVA ECU's, in fact when it comes to advanced uses, I am impressed with just how good they really are.

I recommend them totally for compatibility and performance.
    The first one I remember just made me think wow..!!, this is almost plug and play, and the Ski is totally different to ride performance-wise

....And the major thing is that they will not destroy your engine, as ALL the safeguards are still in place, just like the OEM ECU, and BUDS works perfectly with it, and no compatibility issues.

Got to be error elsewhere imo..!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information