Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    canadian iceman
    +1

stock speedo question rxpx

does anybody know if the speedo will show better than 70 mph??? i know my boat is faster than 70 but will not go any higher than 70 on the guage?? any comments??

Quote Originally Posted by IM2FAST4U View Post
    does anybody know if the speedo will show better than 70 mph??? i know my boat is faster than 70 but will not go any higher than 70 on the guage?? any comments??
    It will not show more than 70mph.

canadian iceman
    +1
    that's what i thought...with the mods i have the boat hits 70 quite fast and as rpm increases it stay's on 70...thanks for the re-assurance

Quote Originally Posted by IM2FAST4U View Post
    that's what i thought...with the mods i have the boat hits 70 quite fast and as rpm increases it stay's on 70...thanks for the re-assurance
    No problem. Pick up an inexpensive GPS and you'll see you're probably way faster than 70

I will test again today but I have a sport boat gauge on my T-X and I'm sure it goes to 75mph....my old OEM gauges only went to 113kmph which is 70mph

Quote Originally Posted by Pooche View Post
    I will test again today but I have a sport boat gauge on my T-X and I'm sure it goes to 75mph....my old OEM gauges only went to 113kmph which is 70mph
    Anything is possible, but as far as I know and from all of the units that come and go at our dealership, I've never seen a speedo that read over 70mph on a Bombardier ski or boat.

yeah your probably right I havn't been out for a while...If so I'll take a pick

Stock ECU it won't go past 70 unless reprogrammed.

Riva ECU speedo will show past 70. I've posted in another thread with a video if you need proof.
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=70519

It's pretty accurate up to 77 then after that it's a little off. I've hit 81.5 and the factory speedo showed 83mph.

Here is a video for proof... sorry about the quality, but thats the best I could do holding the camera with my left hand and trying to accelerate past 70mph. I have a cheap video camera and don't have a mounting system.

You might have to switch to High Quality to view the speedo a little more clearly. Sorry, but youtube reduces the resolution.

Last edited by Enufpwr; 05-19-2009 at 10:11 AM.

I went out today and my RXT-X with seadoo sportster Gauges and stock ECU show 75MPH....I was going to quick to get a pic but Can try for one if you don't want to believe

Hey, I believe you guy, I said anything is possible....lol. Never heard of the speedo reading above 70 if it was reprogrammed. That's great news!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information