Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Seadoo sp PROBLEMS!!!

Hey guys I have a prob.
    My friend brought me her skis cuz they wouldnt start.. again.. I got em started, they were loaded up and flooded.

I put a good used pump in one and the pump veins are brass. Im not sure why but it has a SS impeller also. the cone is brass also.
    IS THIS GOOD or is the aluminum one better??? it does go 2-3 mph faster now than with the other pump.
    But now the temp senser alarm is going off. There is 3 holes in the water pickup in the pump and one is plugged with a set screw. should I take the screw out, would it help run cooler? The alarm only goes off in the no wake zones. OH YEA the lady NEVER flushed these things and Im afraid to see what the inside of hte motor looks like.

The other ski started heasitating on me today on the lake. like it was starving for fuel. I unbolted the carb and took the bowl cover off and cleaned everything. Never disconnecting the fuel lines cuz they have the stock crimps on them. sprayed it down with carb cleaner and I put the carb back on and now it will only run witht he choke out. Do you think the needle is sticking preventing fuel to get in? I guess I need to take it all the way off and apart, clean it and blow it out with compressed air.

Help me out guys cuz I have two bullets with seadoo written all over them.
    SHE should of bought a freakin YAMAHA!!!
    I would of posted this on the seadoo side but Im not a member there. if anyone would post this there I would appreciate it.
    Thanks
    Mick

+1
    Mick,
    take the set screw out and run it. Also, next time you are out running it and the alarm goes off, shut it down, pull the seat off and feel the sides of the cylinders. See if they are cold, warm or hot.
    You may want to go through the carbs on it as well as the other one. You could also have a clogged line somewhere.
    SHOOTER

+1
    There is 3 holes in the water pickup in the pump and one is plugged with a set screw.
    YEs, remove that set screw !

also, that bronze-stator-vein pump is the better one.

Now, also lookin at the end of that pump where it attaches to the hull, the three holes are 1 water supply to the head, and the other 2 are bilge siphon line holes.

But, they all need to be open regardless.

Also, is water spraying out of that tiny hole below the grab handle near the deck when running or under a flush?

Make sure too the water supply line is attached the the correct spot on the head. The top of the head will have arrows for in/out.

And if she never flushed it, I am sure there may be crud in that motor/cooling lines/ ect.....

still unsure why there is a set screw in that pump....

Quote Originally Posted by shooter98xpl
    Mick,
    take the set screw out and run it. Also, next time you are out running it and the alarm goes off, shut it down, pull the seat off and feel the sides of the cylinders. See if they are cold, warm or hot.
    You may want to go through the carbs on it as well as the other one. You could also have a clogged line somewhere.
    SHOOTER
    I did just that, took the seat off and felt the motor I could put my hand on it more than a second thinking it was not too hot to the touch.
    The water coming out behind the seat from the two holes was hotter than the water coming out of the other ski.
    Thanks for your help shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by RX951
    There is 3 holes in the water pickup in the pump and one is plugged with a set screw.
    YEs, remove that set screw ! OK I will do that

also, that bronze-stator-vein pump is the better one. GOOD

Now, also lookin at the end of that pump where it attaches to the hull, the three holes are 1 water supply to the head, and the other 2 are bilge siphon line holes.

But, they all need to be open regardless. They are open I checked them

Also, is water spraying out of that tiny hole below the grab handle near the deck when running or under a flush? hmm not sure I dont think so

Make sure too the water supply line is attached the the correct spot on the head. The top of the head will have arrows for in/out. Yes they are.

And if she never flushed it, I am sure there may be crud in that motor/cooling lines/ ect.....

still unsure why there is a set screw in that pump....
    I will get a pic of the plug and it in the pump when I remove the pump.
    Billy thanks for your help man!!

Mick

overheating

ok after looking closer the plug was not a plug, its seems to be just a ss insert in one of the holes and I dont know how somone could of put it in there. I hooked the hose up to one ski and water shoots out the two holes in the back with no problem.

The other ski... when i hook the hose to it water never comes out of hte hose from the top of the exhaust and just trickles out the other hose that comes from the head. I guess there is some clog in the waterjacket somewhere??? it gets hot and the alarm goes off, on the water hose.

any more sugestions??

+1
    there is adefinitely an obstruction.

Take a pair of vice grips or a C-clamp and pich off the water supply hose on the head. this will help force more water prsssure under a flush to the rest of the system.

Also, Take off the exit hose off the head, hook up the flush connection and see if ample water flows out of it. Vice versa on the supply side on the head.

also, blow back from the head to the pipe. With air or water.

I would also blow back to the pump and see if you get a flow. Same for the other hose.

If she never flushed it, there could be alot of crud in the head, pipe jacket ect. Or even a dirt dobber....

I would also hook up compressed air to the system to see if it may help you troubleshoot the cause more. also blow compressed ait in the smaller cooling lines such as from the pipe to the water box and the other smaller lines.

I'll email the water routing to you.

The other ski... when i hook the hose to it water never comes out of hte hose from the top of the exhaust and just trickles out the other hose that comes from the head. I guess there is some clog in the waterjacket somewhere??? it gets hot and the alarm goes off, on the water hose.
    Did you pull the pump on this other ski? Water supply may be obstructed at the pump

+1
    this is the 800 motor, not the 580, 650 or 720, but it will give you a general idea of how and where water flows.

On these ski's the water intake comes from the pump directly to the exhaust head pipe and does a "Y" just before the headpipe with one hose going up and the other to the side of the headpipe. Ill get a pic of it tomorrow. But yea there is a obstruction somewhere. I did disconnect the hose fromthe pump and hook the waterhose directly up to that hose and it didnt help. Seems when i hook the flush kit up it actually backflows the water.
    Billy thanks for your help.

Mick

+1
    what size motor is this?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information