+1

FZR BOV Pressure port adaptor line

I am not installing boost gauges so I do not need the the air line for Pressure port adaptor. What do I do with this line? Install the hose and wire tie it off somewhere out of the way or do I even need to install the air hose? Thanks...
    Last edited by spinaker; 05-25-2009 at 10:47 AM.

+1
    The vac hose from the BOV needs to be connected for it to work properly. I used the R&D adaptor to connect mine. If you don't need the second port on the adaptor for a gauge you can use the included plug to block it off.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SHO (70).JPG 
Views:	220 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	131919  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    The vac hose from the BOV needs to be connected for it to work properly. I used the R&D adaptor to connect mine. If you don't need the second port on the adaptor for a gauge you can use the included plug to block it off.
    So I need to buy the pressure port adapter kit in order for this surge protector to work?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    I called R&D and asked them and they said that you dont need the vac line and that you could just cap it off. Have you had or heard of anything that would make a difference on this either way? Ive read throught the threads but havent seen anything.

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spinaker View Post
    I called R&D and asked them and they said that you dont need the vac line and that you could just cap it off. Have you had or heard of anything that would make a difference on this either way? Ive read throught the threads but havent seen anything.
    Not sure who u talked to but thats how a BOV works.......it detects vacuum from a throttle-off/closing of throttle blade and opens to blow-off boost and prevent a hit on the SC clutch. the vacuum line needs to be hooked up to work...

+1
    I'm having a very hard time understanding what you are asking. What specifically is the question?

There are 3 forces acting on a blow off valve. The spring keeps it closed, the excess pressure trys to open it and the vac line helps open it. If you don't run a vac line then you would need to use a softer spring to blow off at the same pressure. This would probably be ok for lower boost applications, but if boost is increased, then you would want as strong a spring as possible to not loose pressure when you don't want to i.e. it should only blow off when you let off the throttle.
    Alex

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    I'm having a very hard time understanding what you are asking. What specifically is the question?
    The vacum line ontop of the BOV is what i am referring to. I did not buy the pressure port adaptor so I was wondering what to do with the vacum line port. My understanding was that you only needed to hook up this line to a pressure port adaptor if you were going to be installing boost gauges which I am not. I just capped off the port at the BOV per R&D. If you have to have the pressure port adaptor and the vac line hooked up to it, why dosent it come along with the surge protec when you order it? I am not an expert on this, so please keep the posts coming.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by beatsmushin View Post
    There are 3 forces acting on a blow off valve. The spring keeps it closed, the excess pressure trys to open it and the vac line helps open it. If you don't run a vac line then you would need to use a softer spring to blow off at the same pressure. This would probably be ok for lower boost applications, but if boost is increased, then you would want as strong a spring as possible to not loose pressure when you don't want to i.e. it should only blow off when you let off the throttle.
    Alex
    Ok, so what if your not running muh in the way of increased boost? My mods are, power plenum, intake manifold upgrade and Free flow exhaust and soon the R&D grate. Thanks

Ok, so what if your not running muh in the way of increased boost? My mods are, power plenum, intake manifold upgrade and Free flow exhaust and soon the R&D grate. Thanks
    If R&D said you can do it, why don't you just try it? Don't you trust them? Do you happen to know what the spring pressure rating is without the vac line?
    Alex

Thread Information