Low pisser pressure...

I put on all new water lines and this is for my 951 - x4 conversion.

When i ride it takes like a good 30-40 seconds before water comes out the pisser. Then it dribbles out till i hit the gas and then it squirts...and back to dribble when idle..

I think i used a little more length of water line and used all the same sizes so i dont think that would make a difference.

The only other thing i did do diff. was i 'Ted' the pissers lines together so it could go out one hole instead of two. These are the two .25" lines off the top of the pipe.

Any ideas to why i have low pressure? Is this ok? The motor does not get to warm and the pipe is just a little warm (but not hot)

Thanks for the help,
    Dean

+1
    my xpl is the same way. takes a minute to start pissing and gets stronger/weaker with throtle.

i guess the more throtle, the more pressure builds up in the pump to push water though the motor. if its cool and its pissing, i wouldn't worry about it.

+1
    Since you used the plastic pump, how did you route your water inlet line? Sounds like you're running low pressure at idle, but since everything appears to be getting enough water, it's probably nothing to be concerned about.

ran .5" line from the pickup of the pump to the engine... The pick up i used a brass fitting and tapped a hole to screw it into. man i need to get some pictures lol

+1
    The two pissers into one is how XPLs are set up so that should not make any difference.

Like king said, they dribble at idle and will pick up a little as you get some speed on and then fully pee when you rev it up.

If it is not overheating I would say you are ok.

I am running a Scat Pump ADA head and Coffman in my XPL. All my P hoses are run out the same nipple in the side of the hull. 2 for the head 1 for the pipe. It has a weak stream at adle but strong by 2500. I also run a fine mesh strainer on the intake hose. I dont think you have a problem till you see no water or a weak stream at 2500. Now if you could come up with a way to tell if a jet in the exhaust is plugged. Not much difference in sound.

+1
    Its all about the pressure from the pump , The 800 pumps have smaller feed holes just behind the impeller where as the 951 pumps have slightly larger ones due to the extra cooling requirements. You could always drill out your pump so as to give you more flow but if it isn't getting hot why bother.
    This is assuming you havn't changed the pump over.

I am running a 951 plastic pump. I will keep an eye on the temp.

thanks for the comments guys.

Dean

+1
    Dean,

I had my Coffman GSXL on the water last night. It's in the back yard now, but when you make it to the water again, I will bring it out and let you take it for a spin.

let me know,

Jim

Thread Information