Thread: FZR to FZSish?

+1

FZR to FZSish?

Hello all, I'm new to the forums, and hope to be new to the PWC world here soon

My name is Joey and Orlando and all of central Florida is my home

I want to get an FZR because the FZS is not offered in blue... red isnt my thing and black is hot, shows scratches and water spots to easy... and i'm just not a fan of a full black vehicle

i'm sure the reboarding step can be added onto a FZR but would i be able to add the tow-hook without having to use the FZS seat? or could the seat be modified so that i could use the fzr seat and still have access to the hook?

the local dealers had FZS's and i looked at them but it wasnt until i got home that i noticed in the brochure that it said that the FZR's do not have a tow hook... and i'm sure i'll want to tow a tube with it eventually... as my friends and family have boats as well so i'd go out with them when they take their boats

so if any of you guys that have a fz series could look at let me know if it would be possible to make an fzr into a fzs without using the third person seat it would be greatly appreciated

hope to see you on the waterways soon!

+1
    Welcome to the Hulk.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashking View Post
    Hello all, I'm new to the forums, and hope to be new to the PWC world here soon

My name is Joey and Orlando and all of central Florida is my home

I want to get an FZR because the FZS is not offered in blue... red isnt my thing and black is hot, shows scratches and water spots to easy... and i'm just not a fan of a full black vehicle

i'm sure the reboarding step can be added onto a FZR but would i be able to add the tow-hook without having to use the FZS seat? or could the seat be modified so that i could use the fzr seat and still have access to the hook?

the local dealers had FZS's and i looked at them but it wasnt until i got home that i noticed in the brochure that it said that the FZR's do not have a tow hook... and i'm sure i'll want to tow a tube with it eventually... as my friends and family have boats as well so i'd go out with them when they take their boats

so if any of you guys that have a fz series could look at let me know if it would be possible to make an fzr into a fzs without using the third person seat it would be greatly appreciated

hope to see you on the waterways soon!
    To answer your one question the reason the 2 seater doesn't have a tow hook is because in many states its illegal to tow a tube with a 2 seater ski. The reason for this is cause your supposed to have a spotter watching the tuber, and room for the tuber to get on the ski.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by xsockguyx View Post
    To answer your one question the reason the 2 seater doesn't have a tow hook is because in many states its illegal to tow a tube with a 2 seater ski. The reason for this is cause your supposed to have a spotter watching the tuber, and room for the tuber to get on the ski.
    ahh yes that would pose an issue now wouldnt it... thanks for enlightening me on that

just looked into florida law some, and it states that a spotter or a tow mirror must be used... so if i had a mirror instead of a spotter, the FZR would still be legal as far as towing a person is concerned

I don,t know what the law is in flordia but in n.y. In order to tow some one you need and observer and a place on the water craft for person you are pulling,in other words a three setter.

+1
    well just to update the thread, when i went to pick up my ski, i asked the tech about it and he pointed out that the seats on the FZR and FZS are the same, and they are, the difference is the plastic piece where the hand holds are, they hold the seat in a different position, and the holes for the tow eye are already drilled on the FZR, so in order to make a FZR an FZS is to buy the plastic trim and the tow eye, and the 3 person capacity sticker probably wouldnt hurt either

Thread Information