Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    227

    Water to Air Intercoolers

    Just curious to know if anyone can tell if there is a difference between the following intercoolers? Anyone used any of them?

    They are all the same spec and look like the have come of the same production line


    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Liqui...Q5fAccessories

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CXRac...Q5fAccessories

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Liqui...3A1|240%3A1318

    http://www.siliconeintakes.com/produ...15c9cb4cdebf20


    Cheers


  2. #2
    mrbtd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Lindenhurst, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    4,309
    +1
    2
    same as the XS style

  3. #3
    zerowake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Gahanna
    Posts
    336
    i want to know how they are selling for 69$? the material should be worth more than that, let alone the time involved in fabricating one of these. something seems fishy to me.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    227
    Quote Originally Posted by zerowake View Post
    i want to know how they are selling for 69$? the material should be worth more than that, let alone the time involved in fabricating one of these. something seems fishy to me.
    Thats what I would like to know too

    ............from the pictures they appear to be the same thing.

  5. #5
    ADSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Canadian West Coast
    Posts
    669
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by zerowake View Post
    i want to know how they are selling for 69$? the material should be worth more than that, let alone the time involved in fabricating one of these. something seems fishy to me.
    Wholesale for those coolers from china are under 25 bucks a piece when you buy in volume.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    227
    Quote Originally Posted by ADSR View Post
    Wholesale for those coolers from china are under 25 bucks a piece when you buy in volume.
    So is this same as what is used in the XS kit?

  7. #7
    ADSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Canadian West Coast
    Posts
    669
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by XtRmn8 View Post
    So is this same as what is used in the XS kit?
    Can't tell you. some coolers do not use a real water core. And some do. The one from CXRacing is a true water core (so he says)

  8. #8
    zerowake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Gahanna
    Posts
    336
    there are no couplers or plumbing or clamps, but that shouldn't account for 400 bucks. considering the cost of the XS inter cooler, i don't think this is a smart buy. buying the IC core for 69$ is like saying that fiz is chargin almost 400 for tw ppipes and some clamps. call me skeptical, but you can't exactly mass produce these these things, and i fyou could the overhead alone would be worth ore than 69$ i know a little about jet ski parts, but i know more about business. typicaly, if it is too good to be true, IT IS!
    i'd gladly pay fizz the money for a proven product or even riva. I think this gives new meaning to BUYER BEWARE. who knows what plumbing will work with these, or if if they are stolen, or if it is a complete scam.

  9. #9
    zerowake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Gahanna
    Posts
    336
    Quote Originally Posted by ADSR View Post
    Wholesale for those coolers from china are under 25 bucks a piece when you buy in volume.

    is the jet ski performance parts market big enough to justify people buying large volume of IC cores from China? If these IC can be used in many other applications then i MAY start to buy it.

  10. #10
    ADSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Canadian West Coast
    Posts
    669
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by zerowake View Post
    there are no couplers or plumbing or clamps, but that shouldn't account for 400 bucks. considering the cost of the XS inter cooler, i don't think this is a smart buy. buying the IC core for 69$ is like saying that fiz is chargin almost 400 for tw ppipes and some clamps. call me skeptical, but you can't exactly mass produce these these things, and i fyou could the overhead alone would be worth ore than 69$ i know a little about jet ski parts, but i know more about business. typicaly, if it is too good to be true, IT IS!
    i'd gladly pay fizz the money for a proven product or even riva. I think this gives new meaning to BUYER BEWARE. who knows what plumbing will work with these, or if if they are stolen, or if it is a complete scam.

    I've bought a few from CXRacing for some turbo setup's i've built. They work damn well and can handle over 500hp

    Best bang for the buck that i've found.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-09-2014, 10:39 AM
  2. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 09-07-2013, 09:40 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-13-2012, 06:26 PM
  4. BMW Water to Air Intercooler. What you guys think?
    By Greg555 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-15-2011, 11:20 AM
  5. Liquid to Air Intercoolers
    By MTD03sc in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-13-2006, 09:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •