Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gp1200r SUCKS, In the shop again and I am being screwed

hey everyone, This is my first post here, RX951 pointed me here and I am hoping to get a little help.

My gpr is in the shop again. Third time this year.
    Pulling 6700 rpms. Has a cooling problem too, where the pressure build up is too high and pops off the hose clamp. GOD I WISH I NEVER HAD IT MODDED. It has stinger exhaust, riva heads not the interchangable ones, freeflow, handling kit, speedfreaks nujet prop, mostly all I can think of off hand. Just got off the phone with the mechanic and said that going to look why pressure is so high with cooling, but to figure out why the rpms are low would have to take off the carbs, $$$$$$$$$. I have put well over 12000 into having the boat fixed since I have had it. At one time, two cylinders heads, exhaust a bunch of **** went, and a lot of this stuff going back every two weeks for 200 to 500 in repair. I think I am getting ripped, all I get for a response is that they are setting the boat up to rivas specs.

I would like to know if anyone has any ideas, The pvs, I told are opening all the way, I would like to go back to my d-plate, but when they rebuilt the motor they put the wrong head on the second cylinder and it does not have the mount for the oem exhaust. Please can anyone figure out something on this thing. Also what do you think she is worth? If you have a head that will fit please let me know. I have dumped so much money into the boat, and I have yet to ride it going over 65 mph. PLEASE help

+1
    Welcome to the forum neillauer

+1
    Get a stock head to go on it..... you can have it milled later, or even buy one that is already milled.

I've got the Stinger on my ski, it works fine.... .what cooling hose is popping off?

the boot that connects the stinger 3 to the first half of the exhaust, the clamp on the front side is popping off. thanks for the welcome as well

why the stock heads?

+1
    Take the stinger off. Take off the coupler. Clean it with Windex. Clean the front pipe with windex. Reassemble.

Quote Originally Posted by neillauer
    the boot that connects the stinger 3 to the first half of the exhaust, the clamp on the front side is popping off. thanks for the welcome as well
    Listen to what Mark aka Hydrotoys told ya.
    Are you dumping any water overboard?

yea there is an extra two dumps out of the back of the boat, dont know much about them, just that I didnt put them there the mechanic did. It is currently at the shop and he is telling me it shouldnt build that much pressure and it most have a clog in the line somewhere.

+1
    If you want to put the stock exhaust back on, you can go with a stock head.

Do the windex thing, like Mark said. Go to Lowes, get new clamps. Make sure there is nothing stuck down in your exhaust anywhere, pull the rest of the stinger all the way to the waterbox and shake it, then shake the waterbox. You can do a jetworks mod with the stinger, too.

Dont the riva heads give me a lot of performance? THe stock exhaust with the d-plate on will i run into carb problems?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information