Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RIP - Piranha Bkit Charger (Riva rear air + big gulp of water)

Well, my favorite SC died a few days back. It was a B-kit with the billet anodized orange impeller, I loved the anodized impeller! Well, Water hitting SC blades that are spinning at 55,000RPM doesn't mix! I heard it hit, and knew it as soon as it happened I was doing some of those full throttle spins (you all know you do them sometimes, I know you do ). I just wasn't as careful about keeping water away from the rear seat area as I usually am. And well.. ended up getting a big gulp down my 4" Rear air intake At first I thought it just ingested some water no big deal. But then it started randomly "missing" even after getting all the water out the intake, and letting it dry overnight. So I pull the intake all the way off again, and checked out the SC, and look what I found!! Blades trashed, but hey, at least the clutch still looks good!

But here's where it gets weird. It was still making 12ish pounds of boost, even with the bent blades!! And the ski would still do 75.9 with the blades bent like that, and was running right at 8050-8100. So being as I also have a brand new rude1, I of course changed out the charger. Which takes about 15 minutes, and I go right back out, changed nothing else. And as would be expected, I'm now all over the rev limiter, running 8100-8180, and I'm making around the exact same boost, maybe 1/2 a psi more, but now I cant get it to run over 73ish??? What gives? I didn't fill up with gas or anything. How in the world was my ski faster with less power and a damaged SC?? The bottom end and mid range are night and day different, so I can definitely see an improvement from replacing the SC, but the loss of top end just boggles me. Anyone got any ideas.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001.JPG 
Views:	178 
Size:	2.89 MB 
ID:	131965   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	015.JPG 
Views:	148 
Size:	2.92 MB 
ID:	131966   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	006.JPG 
Views:	161 
Size:	2.87 MB 
ID:	131967   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	014.JPG 
Views:	135 
Size:	2.86 MB 
ID:	131968  

Banned User
    +1
    OW!!!!!

12ish damaged? How much boost was it making before the damage?

That's the really odd part, didn't effect boost hardly any!!

+1
    im not sure my blades looked that bad when i made the motocross glove confetty! sucks Bro....... BET!!!!!!!!

+1
    Were you running all over the limiter before you ingested water? Because I don't understand how a Rude 1 will put you on the limiter, but you weren't before with the B kit.. What ski is this? Did the plugs foul after you ingested water? Did you crank it over with the spark plugs in place? What I'm getting at is I hope you didn't bend any rods.

+1
    you can just bend those back, anything rough can be trimmed off with tin snips.

+1
    I think you might be hitting the rev limiter before it tops out and the ecu then pulls timing etc. When I was on the rev limiter hard, my top speed dropped a couple of mph.

I got to thinking about it, and I beleive this to be the answer. It used to run on the rev limiter before, but like I said, went down to 8050-8080 after "the incident". But I was hard against the liimiter with the B-kit before I bent the blades up also. So I think I'm just so hard against the limiter now that thats where my speed went. I've been in bad need of a taller impeller, for some time. I'm just hesitant to go below an 83mm nozzle with an X tunnel.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaGoat View Post
    I think you might be hitting the rev limiter before it tops out and the ecu then pulls timing etc. When I was on the rev limiter hard, my top speed dropped a couple of mph.

+1
    I have never seen an orange B kit, I thought they were all blue and just the C kit`s were orange ? it dose have 8 blades instead of 9, just never seen them orange

I know, they are rare, thats why I was so attached to it! was my favorite charger! Oh well, rude2 time!

Quote Originally Posted by jaffabas View Post
    I have never seen an orange B kit, I thought they were all blue and just the C kit`s were orange ? it dose have 8 blades instead of 9, just never seen them orange

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information