Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Im going to look at a95 750 SLT 3 seater today!!

Hello all!! im new to these forums. And have a few questions for ya. Im going to look at a polaris ski today. Its a 95 750 SLT 3 seater. Is there any thing i need to look out for on it? Is it a realiable ski? I really don't want anything im going to have to mess with all the time.LOL. Any help would be great.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Hulk

Click here for the Polaris Service manuals.

More importantly, follow the links for useful info on purchasing a PWC, and typical things that need attention on a Fuji engined Polaris PWC.

Reliability depends mostly on how the machine has been maintained, and how much effort you put into checking and maintaining them.

A 1995 PWC is 14 years old now. Even in 'perfect' condition, it will still need some time/effort to check things, and replace aging hoses and fuel lines.

Welcome to the hulk - hey first time I have said that to anyone... usually a moderator will pipe up here...

Anyway there are a ton of posts here on what to look for in a ski purchase. K447 gives lots of good advice along with others. Fish around a bit and you will find a lot of things to check/ask and look for.

Ask the owner what he did maintenance wise on it and how he took care of it. Then you can compare that to all the questions you see here on the forum. You will see a pattern as to whether he really knew what he was doing or if he just got bye.

I would take it for a test run as well if possible. Many times people can make a ski run good for a few seconds in their driveway but you will get a feel for the ski on the water.

Good luck. These are great low maintenance skis and if taken care of will last a long time.

+1
    Hey gorey Welcome.. Whats the asking price? Pricing on these ski's is really good right now, but like most jetski's this age a lot of them have been neglected and abused. If the ski is in good mechanical and cosmetic condition and comes with a half way decent trailer I personally would not pay much more than about a $1,000 KBB is about $1,150 retail but prices at least around here in south east Michigan go for less even with a trailer. Hope this helps Mike

Well i bought it. Its not in the best of shape.......It has a little sun fad. And is kinda dirty but it sounds pertty good. I did make a mistake tho while checking it out i broke the check valve off the top of the oil tank. So looks like I will need a new one. It seems to be connected to a peice of hose that just runs wild in the ski and is connected at the other end to nothin. Is this right? Also where do I get replacement fuel hose for it? Any help would be awesome.

Thanks,
    Gorey

+1
    Nice! Congrats on the ski. Lets see some pics of your BEAUTIFUL, Hell on water Polaris beast. The Polaris underworld strikes again! I get my fuel lines from fuellines.biz - Prices are good and service was great too! You will need 1/4" I.D and 1/8" I.D. lines. Maybe some 3/16" I.D. as well. Hope this helps. Mike

+1
    Welcome to the Hulk..

Hey thanks for the help. Also where can i get that check valve i broke. And where is the other part of the line supposed to go to. HELP!!

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    ...Click here for the Polaris Service manuals.

More importantly, follow the links for useful info on purchasing a PWC, and typical things that need attention on a Fuji engined Polaris PWC....
    Quote Originally Posted by gorey View Post
    Hey thanks for the help.
    Also where can i get that check valve i broke.
    And where is the other part of the line supposed to go to. HELP!!
    Did you click the links provided above?

Lots and lots of links from there to even more info

The oil tank one-way check valve simply allows air into the tank as the oil level drops. Only one end of the little valve is connected to the oil tank. The other end just sits in the air.

The fuel tank has two valves - one lets air in, the other lets excess pressure out, and is vented outside the hull.

Parts are available used and new.

Well i found i think what im looking for but not really sure.LOL. I really want to make sure i order the right item. Its like it has a substitue part number or something. Sould i also order fuel filters and oil filters while im at it? Im sorry for so mant questions but you guys better get used to it!LOL.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information