Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Exclamation oil light beep continuously when start up

My friend changed oil on his two 2004 Honda Turbo, he use 10-30 Mobil 1 fully synthetic, we start up and let it warm up for 3 minutes in the lake, everything seem normal, then we turn off, We went out boating on our 23 foot boat for 2 hours when come back we decide to take two Honda out, one of the ski, the oil light keep beep continuosly, the other is normal. Does anyone have the similar problem? Please share your experience. Many thanks.

Oil level is correct?

Could be the oil pressure sending unit. Strange it would go bad just after an oil change but stranger things have happend. M.E.S.

replace the high and low oil swiches. my 05 r12x did the same. 120 for both call a honda dealer

+1
    You might have forgotten to put the rear oil plug back in and it all drained out the rear into the hull. I had a friend do it and put 4 quarts on his garage floor.

Mate, also check your wiring harness where it goes over the airbox. My 06 had the same problem, then started blowing the injector fuse. Nutted it out to the insulation being worn through. Not saying it is but won't hurt to check....
    Cheers
    HondaTurboOZ

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by HondaTurboOz View Post
    Mate, also check your wiring harness where it goes over the airbox. My 06 had the same problem, then started blowing the injector fuse. Nutted it out to the insulation being worn through. Not saying it is but won't hurt to check....
    Cheers
    HondaTurboOZ
    I had a weird problem occur today with my 04 f12x, just got it back on the water after a head gasket replacement. This was the second trip out on the the water, the first trip out went flawlessly. this time out, the it twice had the oil f1 kick in and would run again after pulling the harness for 30 seconds or so and run fine.; Then it just qiut runnning. out of the blue, just stopped. No warning light, or anything. checked the fuses and had a blown injector fuse, 7.5 amp. Put in a new one, and then ran again, it lasted about a mile then blew it again. Got it home, put in a fuse and flushed it out. It ran on the hose while flushing for a good 10 minutes with no problems. I am wondering if there is a short where you have expeirienced your problem? Can you be more specific about where you found your problem? might help me trace mine down.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by schredder View Post
    I had a weird problem occur today with my 04 f12x, just got it back on the water after a head gasket replacement. This was the second trip out on the the water, the first trip out went flawlessly. this time out, the it twice had the oil f1 kick in and would run again after pulling the harness for 30 seconds or so and run fine.; Then it just qiut runnning. out of the blue, just stopped. No warning light, or anything. checked the fuses and had a blown injector fuse, 7.5 amp. Put in a new one, and then ran again, it lasted about a mile then blew it again. Got it home, put in a fuse and flushed it out. It ran on the hose while flushing for a good 10 minutes with no problems. I am wondering if there is a short where you have expeirienced your problem? Can you be more specific about where you found your problem? might help me trace mine down.
    I have heard of the 7.5 fuse blowing before but I think it was repaired by a dealer and the person reporting it did not post the "fix". Nitro posted a wiring diagram on here once and you might want to see everyting on the branch circuit for that fuse.

Sorry for the late reply, but its where the harness goes over the airbox, it can rub on the mounting bolt at the front of the airbox. That is where it was shorting in my case. It was repaired by my dealer and is now tied up off the airbox.

+1
    I will check that out, thanks for the tip. Had the ski out this past Sunday and it blew again in the first mile! Put in another fuse and it ran for fine for a 60 mile trip down to St Augustine, and back with no problems. But, I don't trust that it won't happen again, so I will check it out.

Make sure the oil change was done correctly. There is a sticky on how it needs to be done.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information