Is it worth buying this? Will a 98xp prop fit a 99

Hi All,

Well theirs a 2nd hand prop and brand new wear ring for sale near me on ebay. Im tempted to buy it as the prop looks to be in good condition (better than mine anyway). Will the 98xp prop he's selling fit my '99xpl? He's unsure if its a regular seadoo prop or a skat trak. I currently have a skat trak according to previous owner.

Here is my prop in my pump:

and here is his:

Looks to be in better condish than mine doesnt it? How much would you guys pay for the brand new wearing and 2nd hand prop?

Cheers again,

Chris

+1
    A '98 XPL prop will run just fine on a '99 XPL. I have one on mine right now.

The prop in that pic, however, is not a stock '98 XPL prop (it has a rounded/swirled leading edge like your prop).

It is not a Skat Swirl since it has straight leading edges and Skat does not list anything other than a Swirl for 155mm pumps (unless I missed it on their web site).

His prop looks like a 140mm prop (787/717/657/587 engine boats). It does not really look like a Skat Slim Line, but I have only ever seen one and could be wrong. Either way, Skat does not list a Slim Line for 155mm pumps.

The ring might work, but you need to measure it to be sure. There seems to be a gap in that pic but it is hard to tell. A new ring with the right prop has very little clearence at all.

do you recommend me purchasing it? or not worth it?

+1
    whats wrong with yours at the moment?
    And the top pic is a skat prop and the bottom pic looks like an oem prop. Ask him what the numbers are on the side, I think 920 is the oem prop you want. Robert (96xpss) runs his with one degree more on the trailing edge I believe. I did this to a 99xpl and it worked awesome. Much better than the concord in my opinion.
    SHOOTER

+1
    That bottom pic may be a stock prop but it did not come out of a '98 XPL pump.

Shooter will recall that the '98 XPL prop on my boat came off of his '98 XPL and looks just like the top most picture (your prop).

By 920, Shooter is refering to the OE part number.

'98 XPL was a xxx-xxx-909.
    '99 XPL was a xxx-xxx-920.

Later on the 920 was changed to a 923 but they are pretty much the same prop.
    All three interchange. None of these have straight leading edges so that prop that guy is selling can not be any of these.

The prop on your boat now may be stock or a Skat Swirl. They look a lot alike. For that matter, a Solas Concord looks a lot like them too in rough detail.

Your prop is a bit nicked up but does not look all that bad. If it does not have too much clearence with a new wear ring (the last new one I checked was right about .3mm with my old 920 prop) you should be fine. You might be losing some speed but unless you have a check waiting at the finish line it is not really enough to worry about.

There is nothing wrong with getting a spare. In fact, I would suggest you find an extra stocker and send it off the be fixed up and then swap it for yours when it is done and keep yours as a back up. It can save a weekend, if you know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by KrunchovXPL-GTX-RX View Post
    That bottom pic may be a stock prop but it did not come out of a '98 XPL pump.

Shooter will recall that the '98 XPL prop on my boat came off of his '98 XPL and looks just like the top most picture (your prop).

By 920, Shooter is refering to the OE part number.

'98 XPL was a xxx-xxx-909.
    '99 XPL was a xxx-xxx-920.

Later on the 920 was changed to a 923 but they are pretty much the same prop.
    All three interchange. None of these have straight leading edges so that prop that guy is selling can not be any of these.

The prop on your boat now may be stock or a Skat Swirl. They look a lot alike. For that matter, a Solas Concord looks a lot like them too in rough detail.

Your prop is a bit nicked up but does not look all that bad. If it does not have too much clearence with a new wear ring (the last new one I checked was right about .3mm with my old 920 prop) you should be fine. You might be losing some speed but unless you have a check waiting at the finish line it is not really enough to worry about.

There is nothing wrong with getting a spare. In fact, I would suggest you fine an extra stocker and send it off the be fixed up and then swap it for yours when it is done and keep yours as a back up. It can save a weekend, if you know what I mean.
    Really informative post!!!

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    The prop with straight blades looks like a Solas X prop. The main difference between it and a Skat Super Slim line is Skat brushes the finish, and Solas has the polished finish.

I'd send your stock prop to Impros for the "worx" repair.
    www.impros.com

The stock prop kicked up one degree worked good didn't it Shooter?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 96XPSS View Post
    The prop with straight blades looks like a Solas X prop. The main difference between it and a Skat Super Slim line is Skat brushes the finish, and Solas has the polished finish.

I'd send your stock prop to Impros for the "worx" repair.
    www.impros.com

The stock prop kicked up one degree worked good didn't it Shooter?
    +1

See if he will take a pic of the part number (it should be on the side of the prop). Solas only calls for the X on the GSXLs.

The props that I have had Impros work over have run super sweet.

Thread Information