Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Smile New guy here....Need some advice

Just picked up a 2005 Rxt. Ive been doing some research and i need some advice from those of you who know alot more than i do.Obviously there is a million things i can do but basically I want to make the ski a little faster than stock. I'm not trying to be the fastest, i just want to go a little faster.
    There's a performance shop near me that suggested that i do a clutch kit. I also got offered a stage 1 brand new for 500.00 not installed.
    What do you guys think would be the best way to accomplish what i'm trying to do. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Again
    Last edited by GreenMonster; 11-27-2009 at 10:38 AM.

+1
    Spyro,

First off let me welcome you to Greenhulk!!!!Second,You may want to get some sort of idea on how fast you are really wanting to go..There are so many options and mods to do to these things its unreal..If ya have an idea we can and will gladly help you out with any and all the advise we have...But 500 dollars is a steel on a Riva stage 1 kit..Installation is a snap,do it yourself type of kit..It is also a great start..And yes..Upgrade to the Riva SC clutches ASAP! And if the machine has 100 hours or is approaching that mark you should have the whole SC rebuilt/freshend up..

Welcome to Greenhulk Spyro!
    As the Snoman said,good start,great price.SC rebuild asap.When you get back on the water,take some "baseline" readings/handling characteristics.ie, RPMs,0 to X mph times,etc(consider purchasing gps).As your mods progress,log the improvments along with water/air temps.This helps in making an educated decision in purchasing/fabricating the next round of mods. Look around in classifieds,there some good bargains to be had.

Welcome to the Hulk Spyro

welcome!

SC washers are a must. try getting familiar with your ski and motor. a lot of money can be spent paying dealers to install mods and (as i found) nothing is really that difficult to do on these skis.

Thanks guys for the welcoming.....
    Snowman, In terms of speed i don't know how fast i want to really go. For ex i know that if i want my foxbody to run 11's in the quarter, i know what i have to do, but when it comes to this ski stuff it's all new to me. So i'm guessing i have to start off with the basics. Get a gps, write all specs down and see where i want to go from there. I'll tell you this much i want to be faster than stock but i'm not trying to kill myself.
    Is the stage 1 kit and the clutch kit something that can be done bymyself without any special tools needed to complete the job? or are there special things needed for this. In any case i'm gonna look up some answeres on this washer thing for the SC and see what in the hell you guys are talking about. Thanks Again

welcome spyro

i am also from miami . and i always recomend a shop near me call WET SPOT RACING their number is 305 812 5156 . they have really good prices and they work really good . see ya on the water !!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenMonster View Post
    Thanks guys for the welcoming.....
    Snowman, In terms of speed i don't know how fast i want to really go. For ex i know that if i want my foxbody to run 11's in the quarter, i know what i have to do, but when it comes to this ski stuff it's all new to me. So i'm guessing i have to start off with the basics. Get a gps, write all specs down and see where i want to go from there. I'll tell you this much i want to be faster than stock but i'm not trying to kill myself.
    Is the stage 1 kit and the clutch kit something that can be done bymyself without any special tools needed to complete the job? or are there special things needed for this. In any case i'm gonna look up some answeres on this washer thing for the SC and see what in the hell you guys are talking about. Thanks Again

Spyro,

The Stage 1 kit doesnt need any special tools except for the spline prop tool..Now as far as the SC goes,Yes youll need some special tools designed to do the job along with a dial torque wrench..

Here is a thread about washer failure:

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=40298

And here is a thread explaining the how to of a SC:

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19887

+1
    Greenmonster welcome to the Hulk...

Welcome to the board...and congrats on your decision to buy the best looking ski ever produced.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information