Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    +1

K River/Tampa Memorial weekend ride

Alrighty, here we go...... Get off your computers and lets get together for some riding for this 3 day weekend!!!

Saturday - Riding cancelled due to lack of interest. A few of us may still head out down south so if you want to attend send me a PM.

Sunday - Tampa area ride, about 45 miles. Jim led us on this ride last year and it was a very nice ride. (Thanks Jim)

I will lead us starting out from Dunedin. Be there around 8am but I would recommend no later than 9am because the place will fill up VERY quickly. We will gather up, BS for a little, and probably head out about 10am. We will first head to Howard Park/beach, N Anclote Island sandbar, S Anclote Island sandbar, 3 Rooker Island, Caledisi Island, Shepards, Caledisi canal for some drag racing, and back to Dunedin. At each location we will stop for a little, hang out, BS, and then head on to the next location. This ride will give us a variety of water conditions and should be a great ride. If you wish to meet up with us somewhere along the way that would be great too.

Attached is an image of the ride.

Now who's up for some riding?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ride.JPG 
Views:	102 
Size:	81.6 KB 
ID:	132201  
    Last edited by Gus13letter; 05-21-2009 at 12:34 PM.

State of Confusion BartenderSmalley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus13letter View Post
    Alrighty, here we go...... Get off your computers and lets get together for some riding for this 3 day weekend!!!

Saturday - Peace River or K River
    Peace river - has nice scenery , small beaches, twisting trails, large open areas to do some drag racing.
    K river - has nice twisting trails, large area to setup cook out area, large open areas to do some drag racing.

Sunday - Tampa area ride, about 45 miles. Jim led us on this ride last year and it was a very nice ride. (Thanks Jim)

Start out at Dunedin, head to Howard Park/beach for a quick break/hangout, N Anclote Island sandbar for a quick break/hangout, S Anclote Island sandbar for a quick break/hangout, 3 Rooker Island for a quick break/hangout, Caledisi Island for a quick break/hangout, Shepards, Caledisi canal for some drag racing, and back to Dunedin.
    Attached is an image of the ride.

BUGGER ME. Ryan has a lacrosse tournament on Saturday, and depending upon how they do, he may be playing Sunday as well. We are actually talking about getting a group together for MONDAY - day trip (up and back), possibly to K.R. So, if you guys do Peace River Saturday...maybe on the way back from Tampa you would want to do K.R. on Monday....???

+1
    We will have to ride K River on Sat and I will come up to Tampa on Sunday. I only have one car and my wife can do without it on Sunday. If we do K River, I can drop the trailer and my wife can take the car.

Quote Originally Posted by SHOdude View Post
    We will have to ride K River on Sat and I will come up to Tampa on Sunday. I only have one car and my wife can do without it on Sunday. If we do K River, I can drop the trailer and my wife can take the car.
    Eric -
    You going to Mudbug?? I won't make it this year - not because of my nephews graduation as originally expected, but because I just can't get away for a 30 hour drive to ride a few days.

Anyway, those of us not going are kicking around putting a ride together for that weekend. Just wasn't sure if you would be here or not.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BartenderSmalley View Post
    Eric -
    You going to Mudbug?? I won't make it this year - not because of my nephews graduation as originally expected, but because I just can't get away for a 30 hour drive to ride a few days.

Anyway, those of us not going are kicking around putting a ride together for that weekend. Just wasn't sure if you would be here or not.
    I am watching what the water levels are up there. If it's going to be no wake zones all over, I am not going. Going to be a last minute decision.

Quote Originally Posted by SHOdude View Post
    I am watching what the water levels are up there. If it's going to be no wake zones all over, I am not going. Going to be a last minute decision.

?? I don't know much about that area so I didn't know that the riding was dependent upon the water levels.

+1
    I will do one or both rides. Just not sure yet..........all because of RIVA.....

+1
    By the way, I will not be attending Mudbug this year.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by H2HO View Post
    I will do one or both rides. Just not sure yet..........all because of RIVA.....
    Dude, that was months ago. You better come to K River.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by H2HO View Post
    Come on, go on both rides! You havent been out in over a month.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information