more newbie problems HELP!

OK. this is the slt780. charged up the battery, connected terminals and the bilge pump came on and ran constantly.
    under bilge pump section the book says to replace the LR module. the ? is which one. looking at the wiring diagram it looks like the bilge pump is commected to LR 23. whatdya think?

the sltx. battery is new, charged and hot. push starter button, nothing. i notice in the ebox exploded there are several "critical ground connections!" would you start by taking e box apart cleaning everything and putting back together or would you recommend going through the starter system testing section (7.24)

thanks guys.

Been there done that, first this is what i would do, clean the main ground to the motor, if you open up the electrical box you should have a starter solenoid very carefullyshort the two big red wires together this will bypass the switch and the solenoid if it is faulty, make sure to use a insulated pliers or screwdriver or you will get zaped. Then if nothing happens run new ground wire to the motor, If that does mot work then pull the starter and check that, which is a job. I have three of these type skis
    and all three i ran a ground directly to the starter mount to ensure ground.

hey thanks fighter. been following your threads i'm right behind you have to rebuild motor in an sltx and am trying to complete pump assembly replacement in the slt780. hang in there these things are an absolute blast to ride. really hope there's not another hole in your piston. i wish there was one in mine. unfortunately mine supposedly has metal parts banging around in the combustion chamber #1 piston. so i'll be on here a lot.

+1
    I have seen the bilge pump run,several times,when hooking up a weak battery.
    Check the battery volts with a voltmeter,about 12.6v on a good battery. 11-12v when cranking.
    A bad connection will also do the same (the pwc will see low volts and react just like a weak battery)

slt780
    it was the battery. bought a new digital voltmeter and checked it only 9.7 volts. put battery from other ski, bilge pump off and she cranks over. should have figured that one out when the starter wouldn't turn over. duh. thanks casey67.

sltx
    i'm going to try to post some pics of the #1 piston and squish band. can't imagine a good scenario. if the pisto skirt is broken would anybody recommend replacing the piston and trying it? the cylinder walls don't look scored to me. didn't take pics of the spark plugs but they were chocalate brown if anything looked rich rather than lean. going to take the pump off tonight and twist the driveshaft back and forth and listen for noises and see how it feels turning.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0550.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	3.34 MB 
ID:	132581   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0551.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	3.11 MB 
ID:	132582  

Lake Mead Bum & BTLS Mark starflight's Avatar
    +1
    Some of the impressions in the head look like the little end rod bearings. You need to pull the cylinder and piston to get a better idea of what happened.

thanks starflight really appreciate your rely.

as a newbie i've been jumping around and reading posts. i went back far enough today to catch oldjetsiman's prayer post. your wife will be in our prayers.

Lake Mead Bum & BTLS Mark starflight's Avatar
    +1
    Thanks Allan!

Thread Information