Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Single Pipe D3 or Skiworx

Hey guys Who is running a single pipe set up? Skiworx or D3 what kind of testing have you guys done and can you give me some GPS numbers that you are turning with this single modd pipe.THANKS AZLawson

+1
    There are only a few single pipe mods that have had any luck. These are them in order of power gain.

1.) Atlantic Jetsport exhaust hop up. This was right before the stinger mod and is basically the same thing but before it was perfected. It will give you a better holeshot but not as much as the stringer mod.

2.) skiworx stinger mod. Best bang for the buck. Will greatly improve your holeshot and does not require any mods to the carbs.

3.) Dom 1. This was a flop, technically you were gaining power but you really couldn't feel it so who cares.

4.) Dom 2. This was a single stage pipe that held decent gains with stock modded carbs.

5.) SKiworx Stealth pipe. It is a honed and tuned stock pipe with a stinger mod. You can get over 70 with stock carbs but you will really want 44's+ to get the most out of it.

6.) Dom 3. The most popular and often the most dangerous. The d3 is a heavy ported pipe and manifold with a two stage water system on it. It requires that you tap the pump for duel cooling to get every once of power out of it. The later ones were much faster but also killed many pistons because you could lean out in a heartbeat. They can get you over 70 with stock modded carbs or alll the way to around 73 with bigger carbs and a tuned hull. They are meant for midrange and were a big hit in CC racing.

7.) Dominator X. These were the race version of the ported Dom3. They could not be run with stock carbs no matter what you jet to. They were damn near paper thin and would crack after a season of racing. They were they fastest without question but you really couldn't put it on a rec boat. People had speeds of 72mph on a STX-R with killer accel.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the Input. AZLawson

I have run the d3 but currently have caughmans on my 04. I do have a stealth pipe being done up for it. Im planning on going back to a single later this season. The d3 is going on a 00 level 1 ultra im building now.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by btldigger View Post
    I have run the d3 but currently have caughmans on my 04. I do have a stealth pipe being done up for it. Im planning on going back to a single later this season. The d3 is going on a 00 level 1 ultra im building now.

You selling the pipes????

Hey Guys I am selling a D3 pipe all complete for 300.00 plus shipping.I have picks and all instructions.Advent CDI for 300.00 Thanks AZLawson

I may, havent decided yet. Im not sure yet how long its going to take to get the new pipe.

+1
    Hmmm.....I'm thinking tripples would do me some good.

I have the d1, mod water log, ADA head. Seat of pants feels strong..........run against andother ski that was stock showed almost no gain. Mid range may be better.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TDSRacing View Post
    I have the d1, mod water log, ADA head. Seat of pants feels strong..........run against andother ski that was stock showed almost no gain. Mid range may be better.

The D1 is the tamest version you can get. It "feels" a bit faster but it isn't a whole new ski, just your old ski a tad quicker. The D3 and DX will make your ski a whole new monster.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information