Slower Acceleration

Hello All,
    I just added a R&D ride plate, Riva Intake grate and sponsons to my SHO and it improved the handling but it felt like my acceleration decreased. The top end felt the same but my favorite thing about the ski is the acceleration. I am one of the very few that rather have acceleration than top end.

My though is that with the wing on the intake and the R&d ride plate being shorter that it puts the hull deeper in the water and cause more drag at the being before it is on plan and this is the reason for the decrease.

I am going to buy a GPS tonight and do some testing this weekend but I wonder if anyone one else noticed this.

Thanks for your input.

Oh-by the way I was a a flat river with the temp about 67° and water being in the high 50°

+1
    I haven't been impressed with anyone's ride plate yet. Try throwing the stocker back on there.

Thats what I am planning on doing this weekend. Go back to back runs with the ride plates and see what my results/feelings are. And then change then the intake grates and test that.

My general thought about how to improve the acceration is to have a longer rideplate and increase the angle so the ski get on plan quicker. The R&D is about 2in shorter. Which is problaly better for handling vs acceleration. I will post pics of the two side by side later.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    I haven't been impressed with anyone's ride plate yet. Try throwing the stocker back on there.
    Yep we to have gone back to stock ride plate, To much of a flighty bow with the R&D causing loss of hook up even with the top loader in. Our 250x simply smoked the SHO in the rough water with the R&D plate on, the SHO did a better job of it in stock form because it would stay hooked up. But different strokes for different folks, some like all out top end speed in the calm and I'm sure the R&D will give that.

Thread Information