Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FZS super clean

FZS super clean

Hi all,

Have a new FZS..red in colour. Took it for the maiden voyage this weekend and what a ride, amazing acceleration, top end and agility.

Here's the questions. what is the easiest and best way to keep the red colour gleaming and keep water spots off. I have some on the black plastic mirrors that seem to show a fair bit, any suggestions for that black plastic area.

What would the routine be for keeping it waxed and what wax is best...going to apply aerospace 303 soon, everyone seems to agree that will keep the colour and protect very well.

+1
    i used Rain Dance wax on my fzr. I know it isnt a marine wax but it looks great. and i used armorall on the plastic parts. again, not sure if its the best but it makes the side cowlings pop.

cool....any suggestiosn for the water spots. waxing with a quick wax seemed to help.

Did your black mirrors have any spots on them or did they look unirom colour?

Could you use the same wax on the mirrors?

+1
    to stop the water spots....just wipe down the ski with a damp cloth when pulling out of the water...(while its still wet)....the deposits left from the drops drying up are very stubborn....just remember to wipe down and keep it waxed.....i use "3m Finesse" to remove water spots.

-Jack

what does everyone recommend for non gel coat surfaces like the platics and painted upper deck

Use Duragloss 501 on pretty much any hard surface once you are satisfied with how it looks. After washing the ski you can go over it with Duragloss 951 to restore some of the gloss and protection. Re-Apply 501 every 1-2 active riding months.
    Use Duragloss Vinyl / Rubber Protectant on seat and outside rubbers.

I do some detailing on the side / hobby and these are what I use on my GPR. They offer excellent protection and longevity, and aren't all that expensive.

You can get these at autogeek.net or a local CarQuest might have them.

+1
    use a microfiber cloth when you wax or else you'll get a ton of tiny scratches if you use somehting like an old cotton shirt.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by firefitness26 View Post
    Hi all,

Have a new FZS..red in colour. Took it for the maiden voyage this weekend and what a ride, amazing acceleration, top end and agility.

Here's the questions. what is the easiest and best way to keep the red colour gleaming and keep water spots off. I have some on the black plastic mirrors that seem to show a fair bit, any suggestions for that black plastic area.

What would the routine be for keeping it waxed and what wax is best...going to apply aerospace 303 soon, everyone seems to agree that will keep the colour and protect very well.
    Use Turtle wax Ice. Its the best. You can wax all over everything inluding black plastic and it leaves NO residue or white marks and it makes the plastic gleam.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by firefitness26 View Post
    what does everyone recommend for non gel coat surfaces like the platics and painted upper deck
    Turtle Wax Ice.

There are many much, much better products than turtle wax anything

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information