about seadoo warranty

hi i am about to buy a 08 rxp i have the 5 year warranty .whoever can answer this i would apprciete. everyone says you should redo your washers in your ski every 100 hrs does this also include 08 models with super chargers and if so.? my question is can i bring this in to a seadoo dealer and have them put new metal washers in at THERE cost and i pay nothing? or do i have to supply the parts and they take care of labor being that i have a warranty.? or do i jhave to buy the parts and also pay . as much info as u can shoot my way would gladly be apprcieted for i havent seen any topics posting about this exact question.
    thanks guys
    frank
    i would hate to have to breakdown after 100 hrs or so because of worn washers and then have to bring it in to be fixed i would rather take care of a possable problem b4 it occurs but why should i pay for somthing that might go wrong .
    Last edited by iceblu121; 05-19-2009 at 04:03 AM. Reason: sorry i noticed i posted this in the wrong catogory im new to the forums sorry

Supercharger maintenance is considered maintenance, they will not cover any of it. Like brakes or oil on a car. They will warranty it if something fails, but they won't do the rebuild at their expense.

Quote Originally Posted by antoniodef View Post
    Supercharger maintenance is considered maintenance, they will not cover any of it. Like brakes or oil on a car. They will warranty it if something fails, but they won't do the rebuild at their expense.
    it is a maintnace item every 100 hour or less, the new 08 will display it on the cluster, if it fails betwenn maintnance cycles provided there has been no water intrusion most likley it can be warrantied, if customer fails to approve the maintnance when required then the repair is on you, so it is less expensive to do the maintnace then to pay for a full repair when it blows, it is cool to find son folk that could do it for less than a dealer, but the only catch if the dealer has no documentation of it being done by a dealer it is hard for them to get warranty coverage for major faiulres, food for tought.

my supercharger was starting to slip at 76 hours on my 2008 rxt-x (which does come with metal washers..no clue if the 08 rxp does

and yes it was fully covered by warrenty only beacause i found it was
    slipping b4 the 100hour maintanance and b4 the computer displayed the
    supercharger maintanace sign.

my advise dont wait till the 100 hour mark or even close because then it
    will not be covered...just tell them its slipping now and it will be a warrenty fix

Thread Information