Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 59
  1. #1
    Focker Foggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Olathe KS
    Posts
    672

    Can't get wear ring to go into pump

    I have 07 RXT.
    Wear ring part # 267 000 372
    Looks and feels like correct 159 mm ring.
    Can't get this bastard started. Have done several. They
    are work but never had issues to get even started a little bit.
    I put wear ring in freezer overnight.

    Any suggestions?


  2. #2
    West Texas RXP skoepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west texas
    Posts
    12,019
    +1
    149
    a big block of wood, big mallet, and some kahonies. (smiley goes here)

  3. #3
    Focker Foggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Olathe KS
    Posts
    672
    I tried. That's how i've always done it before and had
    no issues. It's like it's diameter is a hair too big and
    cant even get it "started" into the pump at all.. Like
    bad tupperware.. it keeps popping 1 side out.

    I've got the pump itself in the sun right now warming up
    and the ring back in the freezer.
    I'll try it again in a bit.

  4. #4
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Ft.Lauderdale
    Posts
    3,237
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
    I tried. That's how i've always done it before and had
    no issues. It's like it's diameter is a hair too big and
    cant even get it "started" into the pump at all.. Like
    bad tupperware.. it keeps popping 1 side out.

    I've got the pump itself in the sun right now warming up
    and the ring back in the freezer.
    I'll try it again in a bit.
    Put the wear ring on the floor and beat the pump onto the wear ring!!! The newer wear rings are alittle harder to install but you'll have no issues doing it as I said above..

  5. #5

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    metairie,la
    Posts
    709
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
    I tried. That's how i've always done it before and had
    no issues. It's like it's diameter is a hair too big and
    cant even get it "started" into the pump at all.. Like
    bad tupperware.. it keeps popping 1 side out.

    I've got the pump itself in the sun right now warming up
    and the ring back in the freezer.
    I'll try it again in a bit.
    put them both in the freezer for a few hrs. it will drop right in no beating involved. done it many of times this way

  6. #6
    Focker Foggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Olathe KS
    Posts
    672
    Freeze them both??????????

    I will give it a try.. I thought we would want metal pump
    warm/ expanded to give a little more clearance.

  7. #7
    MPower's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    3,338
    +1
    121
    Worth every penny.

    http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...temnumber=1667


    wear rings, pump bearings, etc etc

  8. #8
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Ft.Lauderdale
    Posts
    3,237
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
    Freeze them both??????????

    I will give it a try.. I thought we would want metal pump
    warm/ expanded to give a little more clearance.

    No, don't freeze them both.. you want the pump to expand and the wear ring to contract...

    Like I said before..Put the wear ring flat on the ground, set the pump on top of the wear ring, put a Short 2X4 on top of the pump and hit with a mallet..It will fall right in with acouple wacks

  9. #9

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    metairie,la
    Posts
    709
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex13 View Post
    No, don't freeze them both.. you want the pump to expand and the wear ring to contract...

    Like I said before..Put the wear ring flat on the ground, set the pump on top of the wear ring, put a Short 2X4 on top of the pump and hit with a mallet..It will fall right in with acouple wacks
    are you trippin dude.....i just told you i do mine all the time put that pump an the wear ring in the freezer. i leave mine in over night sometimes turn the pump over and the old one falls out! the new one falls in. I HAVE DONT IT MANY TIMES BEFORE ITS OBVIOUS YOU HAVENT. peace

  10. #10
    JFizzleJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    8,625
    +1
    806
    busa, he already has the old ring out. to put the new one in you want to heat the pump and freeze the ring as these guys mentioned.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Can't get driveshaft to go into the engine coupler (95 SLX)
    By x2nervisx in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-24-2013, 10:14 PM
  2. How do you get wear ring out of plactic pump
    By 111toybox in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-06-2012, 07:14 PM
  3. Can a LCD gauge from a 2000 xlt be rewired to go into a 98 GP760?
    By dalepatter in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-20-2012, 05:16 PM
  4. What wear ring to get?
    By jhill19 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-26-2011, 09:25 PM
  5. Can I use larger rings to get compression back in this case?
    By DKFox in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-28-2010, 07:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •