Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

would this be too lean???

Right now I have my EFI controller set at 4.5,4.5,1,7 It still has a bog / stumble in the midrange. Would it be too much to go down to 4,3,1,7?

Last weekend I hit 70.0 on the gps with the above settings and the mods listed in my sig ( IR MOD4 ride plate, 2 bar intake grate, 14/20 dynafly, d-plate, and efi controller). It was about 95degrees and elevation was 7ft.

I am going to install my power plenum and my jetworks in the next couple weeks. I figure I will have to richen it up with the plenum. My trim tabs are shimed and so is my ride plate. I am going to adjust my trim tabs a lil bit. I also have stepped sponsons.

+1
    the E.F.I. gurus should be here shortly............

thanks.

I dont quite understand the granularity of the efi adjustments and just want to make sure I dont tear something up. I do have a tach that I will be instaling friday so I can monitor it better.

I was very happy to hit 70 with the few mods I have.

reverse that, instead of 4,3 go 3,4. you should be happy with that setting

cool thanks!!!

Ill try that.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by flyboy1300
    reverse that, instead of 4,3 go 3,4. you should be happy with that setting
    James is right. Open #2 adjuster to give it more fuel in the mid.
    Mark Trager has a nifty trick for adjusting the controller also.

+1

How to set EFI E.F.I. settings

per WFO
    http://www.greenhulk.net/yamaha/view...set++++setting

#1-The Green fuel pot sets the engines fuel delivery idle to midrange cruising at constant throttle. Run this setting till the engine is warm and if it feels or smells "rich" back it down. I am at a 6 on the Green.

#2-The Yellow fuel pot adds fuel on top of the Green when throttle is opened rapidly. Like an accelerator pump. With engine warm perform rolling WOTs and open till you get the most rpm gain or "flare" without stumble. One position at a time open the pot till you reach desired setting.
    I am at a 5 on the Yellow.

#3-The Red fuel pot functions as your main metering circuit. Run the craft WOT and note the rpms. Opening the Red pot adds fuel. You dont have to go far with this one. Most boats run at the #1 setting. I am at 1 on the Red pot.

#4-The RPM selector pot sets the RPMs at which the red(high) speed metering circuit takes over the green and yellow. You want this to go RED at approx 5500 rpms. For testing puposes, slowly accel engine until you see the Red pot light up and make small adjustments to achieve desired rpm setting. Note: 1 is supposed to equal 1000 rpms, 2-2000 rpms and so on. This is only a guide and may not be accurate. My high speed comes in about 5600 rpms and I am set at 7.

__________________________________________________ ___________

per Mtrager
    http://www.greenhulk.net/yamaha/view...962&highlight=

1. Mount controller on glove box.
    2.warm motor up
    3. ride ski looking at low speed light. Turn fuel up untill you hear it blubber. Turn back one.
    4. Cruise with midrange light on. Turn up until it is rich. Back it up.
    5.On high speed start high and turn down untill you hit max rpm.

When doing the low and midrange keep your rpm constant while you are adjusting. When you get rich you will hear it blubber through the freeflow.

After you do that it should pull hard from anywhere. your gps speeds will not go down after the motor gets hot. It will run within 2 tenths each time
    no matter how many you run.

+1
    do you have a tach? you will need this to find the sweet spot, otherwise your going to have to go off the GPS numbers only.

If you already have one, what are your rpms as of now with those settings you listed?

Secondly, your signature doesn't say anything about porting so don't worry about running lean - it will not do so at this point (no matter what the settings are).

Everything posted above this is valuable information to have.

Thanks all for the info. Thats def helps on how to get it adjusted. I do haev a tach and will have it mounted this weekend. SO I will have a better idea of which direction Im headed ( the right way or the wrong way ). Very good info and when I make a pass I will post back and let you know what the rpm's are. I appreciate everyones help!!! Its also great to know I wont run lean. That was my biggest fear. Im also going to temp mount my EFI on the dash some how. That way I can make adjustments easier.

I do have a few more questions. Some may be trivial to some but Im just cautious.

1. Can I make adj on the fly or do I need to stop and turn the engine off first?
    2. Would it be ok to make adj while at idle?

thanks again everyone!

+1
    you can make adjustments at any time on the controller (even at WOT, if you can hold on) LOL....

Your safe. If you have your controller mounted somewhere on the dash area, its easier.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information