Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: WTF..HELP....

WTF..HELP....

I was filling up the 2006 rxp tonight, with antifreeze, and the bolt on the ride plate just snapped on me... it's holding fluid for now but it needs to be replaced.

is this normal or"?????????

Quote Originally Posted by pdxrealtor View Post
    I was filling up the 2006 rxp tonight, with antifreeze, and the bolt on the ride plate just snapped on me... it's holding fluid for now but it needs to be replaced.

is this normal or"?????????
    There is nothing "Normal" on your post? Re-read it and I guarantee you will be drinking aspirin or beer soon .....I was filling up the 2006 rxp tonight, (That's good ) with antifreeze (That's good )....Now, this is were it get's "WACCKY" .., and the bolt on the ride plate just snapped on me (That's not good ) either you put too much anti-freeze fluid on it that made that bolt snap or YOU have your fat a$$ on top of the ski while filling it up with anti-freeze and the weight of the anti-freeze and your great behind............snap the bolt Now, here's a good one..."it's holding fluid for now but it needs to be replaced. is this normal or ????????? ..... ......WOW Ya Think whatever your drinking....I want 50 gallons of it

Just get off the ski, finish filling it with anti-freeze, bleed the system and replace "all" of the bolts. keep an eye on those 2 items, anti freeze and bolts

Too many Buds ..!!

Quote Originally Posted by Richieb View Post
    Too many Buds ..!!
    Him or Me or both

Yup, that is some funny shit right there!!!

Sour mash will do it every time! Last time I had some I was watering the grass and the tire blew out on my parked truck sitting in the drive.

WHATSO I WAS AT THE LOCAL CANTINA FOR A FEW HOURS DRINKING OUT OF A BUCKET FILLED WITH PATRONE AND ICE...SOMETHING ABOUT--- MARGARITAS

SOOOOO... I SEE MY POST MAKES NO SENSE NOW THAT IT IS MORNING. THANKS FOR POINTING THAT OUT JAMMER`

Ok... try this again--

I filled up the antifreeze container with, yes you guessed it, ANTIFREEZE.

I was bleeding the air out of the lines by loosening the bolt in the center of the ride plate... all was going well until I went to tighten that bolt and the head snapped right off

SOOOO now I have a bolt with no head in the center of the ride plate.

drill it out or?? I would much rather do anything than start drilling in that ride plate....

+1
    Sounds like it was a bad bolt or bound up. Did it break while loosening it? If so then sounds like it is seized/corroded. I would suggest an easy out first and if that doesn't work install a helicoil, or Time-Sert (preferred).

It broke while tightening.... and I, although a tad intoxicated, know I did not torque on that thing.

Is there anything in that general area of the ride plate that I could damage while trying to repair this?? The last thing I want to do is have to buy a new ride plate.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxrealtor View Post
    It broke while tightening.... and I, although a tad intoxicated, know I did not torque on that thing.

Is there anything in that general area of the ride plate that I could damage while trying to repair this?? The last thing I want to do is have to buy a new ride plate.
    Ahh... Ok, then you shouldnt have any problem reving it since it is not corroded.
    While not intoxicated use a center punch and knock the center of the bolt, then use a small reverse drill bit to drill a hole in the bolt, then use an easy out. Just take your time. You can also heat the outter area and use the PB blaster. You should be able to get it out with no problems.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information