Life is Supercharged (without ceramics)
    +1

fresh oil around plugs ?

Just the other day my RXP wouldnt start, it has never done that in the past.

I was at the dock trying to start it and it took about 6-7 tries before it started. It didnt smoke but it seemed to be missing on the firings.

I recently got an oil change but ive had it out since the oil change it was running fine if not better than normal. But recently it just had that 1 issue and it wasnt getting up to the high revs as quickly as it used to.

When i removed the plugs, they all had a lot of oil on the threads and it looked like honey colored so relatively fresh. It was so much oil that it was enough to leak all the way down my atv tire where i had placed them, like a good 1 foot trail. It cant be the fogging oil can it ? The plug pin was chocolate and dry so it had no oil, it was just the base where the threads are. So im not sure how the oil got there but is it of major concern? I tried firing it even before i took out the oil and it started right away out of the water.

Ive since then replaced the plugs and took out about 300mls of oil. The oil level was at full (cold, level trailer).

So now the oil level is around the 1/2 mark and i will take it out tomorrow on the water to warm it up and then check the level on the water as well to see if its ok.

Sorry about the super long post, just not sure if something is damaged from overfilled oil, ive heard that full oil when cold means its even more when the engine is warmed up.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
    LG

how many hours do you have and have you had your supercharger rebuilt yet?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cameron da river rat View Post
    how many hours do you have and have you had your supercharger rebuilt yet?
    61 hrs right now.

Washers were rebuilt at 40 hrs.

After it got up and running it was ok, like it still went over 6800 rpm and seemed to be pulling ok, just seems like its either short on air, gas or something.

Im pretty sure it has too much oil in it, i just want to make sure i havent damaged anything.

I will take it out and warm it up via the oil change instructions and see what the oil level is at.

Ill keep the thread updated for others that may encounter this issue.

you can easily suck a little oil out instead of letting it burn excess off.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cameron da river rat View Post
    you can easily suck a little oil out instead of letting it burn excess off.
    i forgot to update this thread

my plugs were loose and apparently that prevents the rings from keeping the oil down as it reduces compression just a tad.

Now i took out about 300 mls and it sat at the half way mark on the dipstick and when the engine was warm i took it out of the water and made sure the jet was levelled and measured the oil dipstick, it was near full but just under so it went up but not by much.

The plugs were also replaced before i went out and they were oil free and no starting issues this time around.

Hope that helps any others coming out of the winter and finding these little issues. It was mainly my fault since i wanted to burn up the fogging oil with the old plugs rather than the new ones and install the new ones after that run.

I got busy and forgot to put in the new plugs hence this little situation, i was just worried i caused some engine damage but all is well and i came close to the 8000 rpm mark but waters were rough so it was jumping around a lot. I think its limited to what 8050 rpm? or 8100, something like that. I saw a lot of 7xxx rpm.

Thanks for all the help everyone, time to install some new fresh mods i ordered over the winter.

Take care.

+1
    I would change plugs they are reasonable at advnced auto parts.. heck buy them from advanced and you get a 1 year warrenty. A good friend told me about it he actually returned a set and got brand you plugs. Sweet

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Treemn View Post
    I would change plugs they are reasonable at advnced auto parts.. heck buy them from advanced and you get a 1 year warrenty. A good friend told me about it he actually returned a set and got brand you plugs. Sweet
    i changed the plugs already, the old ones from last season were the ones that had oil at the base

i got mine from seadoo for 5$ a plug

Seems reasonable to me since its just once a year

+1
    quick update

jet seems to run fine but seems a little sluggish picking up, installing a Riva intake great in a week or so perhaps thats whats killing it since it feels like its jumping out of the water. I raced a small boat today and it felt like an old tranny looking to shift gears LOL (possible cavitation?) then it picked up and went.

Water was a bit rough too so i havent had a chance to open it up from standing to full throttle yet. Weather sucks here in ontario around this time

Ill post more details, but at least its starting without any problems now

Thread Information