Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Blown Head Gasket-04 RXP

I installed an X charger, 42 injectors, Rotax thermostat, and maybe I didn't bleed the cooling system properly. After a 5 minute slow run, I opened it up and the heat warning came on. I idled back 200 yards to the dock. I changed back to my old thermostat and bled it according to instructions but still have the same problem. It will run ok, until I go full throttle,then the high temp buzzer goes off. Also it has lost 300 rpm's. Seems like the buzzer ought to go off before you hurt the motor, not after. Think it's a blown head gasket?

+1
    Learned this from Jerry as I had the same prob. You have the oil lines to wp crossed.

Thanks for the help, but I'm not sure what you mean.

the water hoses that go to the oil cooler are switched at the thermostat/waterpump is what HOSS is saying.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GTXX View Post
    the water hoses that go to the oil cooler are switched at the thermostat/waterpump is what HOSS is saying.
    I did the same thing. Drove me crazy untill I got it figured out. Look at your instructions for the thermostat install, and pay close attention to all the coolant line/s routing. That is where you'll find your problem. Easy fix.

OBJ

thanks, sounds too good to be true, will ck it out and let you know. sure hope that is it. it would be like me to hook something up backwards.

use the OEM parts look up, look at "Engine Block W/accesories", it shows which hose connects where.

Just my luck, the hoses are hooked up correctly. it runs normally until I go full throttle, then the heat warning goes off. Expansion tank is at the right level, PPG thinks I blew the head gasket from my description over the phone.

+1
    check for it overflowing from the coolant bottle tube into the hull @ WOT . If so , it's your head gasket . I've had that happen on mine twice, and same symptoms.

+1
    Double check your hoses. I thought the same thing. And my puke tank would empty! Got so bad that after leaving the dock it would overheat. I thought I had them right till I was sent an actual pic and realized switched hoses. I ripped my motor apart too thinking a head gasket. Gasket was fine.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information