Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Where to buy / make touch-up paint ?

I went to the dealership today to buy some green rxp touch up paint and they said that they can only give me the paint code and I can go somewhere and have it made. I dont have a problem with this if it is my only option, but a paint shop is likely to have a minimum order.. im sure they make it by the quart.

Any ideas? What are other people doing? LMK

an autobody supply house by me does this. will put it in a spray can for 26.00. not bad.

Yeah... I just have a couple of small chips to touch up. It might not even be worth the trouble. A spray can is no good. I just wanted a little vial of the stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by twelvesorbetter View Post
    Yeah... I just have a couple of small chips to touch up. It might not even be worth the trouble. A spray can is no good. I just wanted a little vial of the stuff...
    oh i see, yeah spray can wouldnt work. i guess you would just have to ask them what the smallest amount they can make would be.

Probably a quart.. I guess I was posting to see if anyone had some of the stuff already that they could share or had a better idea..

I dunno....

I went to the dealership today to buy some green rxp touch up paint and they said that they can only give me the paint code and I can go somewhere and have it made. I dont have a problem with this if it is my only option, but a paint shop is likely to have a minimum order.. im sure they make it by the quart.

Any ideas? What are other people doing? LMK
    i love those green rxps. thats my favorite color sea doo to date.

+1
    Probably a quart.. I guess I was posting to see if anyone had some of the stuff already that they could share or had a better idea..

I dunno....
    Hmmm... everybody bring their touch up paint to Mudbugs and we'll have a touch-up fest in the MCHI parking lot.

this place sells 2 oz. jars of factory color matched gelcoat paste to any seadoo. $21.30 it works great!!! goto gelcoat products then click on seadoo and find your year and color. they also custom match any color

http://www.spectrumcolor.com/catalog.htm

IIRC, the only problem with SpectrumColor is that their shipping prices are really high for the small containers being shipped. But, color-matched gelcoat is your best bet... Ron

SC on water, TT on land
    I've used gelcote to fill in chips and scratches, and it works great. I bought mine directly from the sea-doo dealership.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information