Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What mods

+1

What mods

ok well I've been thinking a lot since I got my rxp and also what I've been learning on here bout what mods I want to do. At first I thought a riva stage 1 would be awesome and probly just enough for me, but now I think I want to go beyond that and plus I'm most likely racing closed course(beginners then move on to novice) and super course(dont know if it even has a beginner so novice). So far my fastest run with my rxp was 68.6mph and only mods so far is the riva intake grate. I noticed about 15mins after hitin 68.6mph my speed then dropped to bout 67 and i think its because the heat in my engine compartment(not sure cuz I dont know much bout jetskies). My dad is still against me putin any aftermarket parts of it, but I really dont wanna run stock if I'm racing. So what are some really effective mods to do that dont really cost too much. Any help would be awesome .

+1
    Unfortunately all mods are expensive. Right now i think the best bang for the buck is the Riva Stage II (never thought i'd hear myself say that though)

Im very interested to see what would happen when someone puts a Rotax Racing ECU on a Riva Stage II equipped ski.

+1
    alright green hulk thanks for the input . I'n goin start workin toward the riva stage 2 now. I really need an edge esp if kawasaki comes out with their new ski that can keep up with the rxp lol

+1
    I have a question does any one know if the stage II breaks easily or does it lost for some time? I was wondering because if it could break easily i highly doubt my dad would let me put that on lol. If it were up to me I'd put it on any ways , but he will probly be helping me out on all the $$$ parts.

+1
    It should be a very reliable kit.

the riva stage 2 kit is a very nice kit. All of the parts seem to be top quality. It took me 1 day of work to put in the entire kit, hit the water and ran 75mph first day out with it.

I plan on trying the rotax ecu on the stage 2 as soon as I get it all tuned in. I feel I can get more out of the kit with some minor secret adjustments I'm working on

+1
    ok now since ive heard it seems reliable I think I'm going to push for that on my rxp . So on top of the Stage II is there any thing else that you recomend changin on the ski?

The cover is a nice addition
    I hear it gives a couple more mph if you put a porthole on it

+1
    while your workin on it fill in your ride plate holes, true your rideplate to intake grate, insulate the cool intake hose of the intercooler, header wrap your exhaust, at the very least..extend your riva filter farther to the front of teh boat, you could install some cool air and exhaust fans in the ducting, all these seemingly small things will add up to 1mph or more and help out alot with heat fade, if you dont ride in alot of surf you can run your filter in the front storage compartment to get only fresh air, there will be many more things to come if you keep reading this board,

+1
    ok cool . I guess my mod list is going to be really long .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information