Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Unhappy Supercharger update

Here's my story:
    Took my Ultra 250 in to have the Hull replaced under warranty due to the hinge on the glove box was broken when I purchased it. The dealer called and said after putting on the hull they tried to start the ski and the motor is locked up and not covered under warranty due to improper storage. (I live in Tx, we don't store them very long) Then they called and said it's not the motor but the S/C is locked up and will not be covered under warranty. I expressed my concern with them, they talked to Kawa warranty dept and Kawa said if the dealer can free up the S/C then Kawa will pay for the labor. The dealer tried, bent up the dampners on the pulley and twisted the shaft (but it was locked up so not that much of an issue I thought). The dealer called and said, no movement, new S/C $1595 plus labor. I made phone call after phone call until the dealer said, ok... IF you buy everything from us I will sell it to you at cost... $1195 S/C + belt + gaskets + gear oil + labor. At this point I had ENOUGH! I called Kawasaki customer service and they looked at my file and the next thing I know my dealer called me and said, Kawa is sending us a new S/C and belt and paying flat rate labor to install. THANK YOU KAWASAKI! (Seriously, thanks!) THEN my dealer dropped a bomb and said "BUT, you still have to pay for the gear oil and gaskets + the labor we already have in diagnostic charges. I called Cliff, the owner of the dealer and he said, I'm still talking with Kawa about that, can you give me a few days. A week later I called back and got "talked to" by the service Mngr RON. He said Kawa is sending all the parts and paying flat rate labor to repair BUT I STILL OWE 4.5 hours in "DIAGNOSTIC CHARGES" at $85 an hour!!!!!! I said, what are these charges for... he said for all the phone calls made to Kawasaki's hot line & warranty dept, for soaking the S/C in oil and trying to get the S/C to turn. Also for troubleshooting of why the ski will not turn over like checking the battery and compression on engine.
    So I don't understand??? If you bring something in to get repaired under warranty should you be charged "diagnostic charges" to find out whats wrong???
    I called Kawasaki customer service and even they don't understand why my dealer is charging me a "diagnostic charge".

Kinda like paying a salesman $85 dollars an hour for him to talk to you about buying a ski?!?!?!

Any suggestions of what I should do?!?!?!

send skip an email..he has contact about stuff like this..go to the new kawi users thread skips email is there

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Hooah_Killer View Post
    send skip an email..he has contact about stuff like this..go to the new kawi users thread skips email is there
    Skip knows ALL about this. He has been A HUGE HELP in keeping me "sane" and giving me a TON of advice. Skip is awesome!

I want to give Skip a HUGE THANKS for everything he's done for me!!

I also want people to know that Nathan at Kawasaki customer service has been helpful.

Kawasaki IS standing behind their product.

I just don't get why my dealer is trying their hardest to get money from me!! I've bought my motorcycle from them, sent them people to talk about sponsoring their motorcross team AND sold a ski to a member on here for them!!

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
    Skip knows ALL about this. He has been A HUGE HELP in keeping me "sane" and giving me a TON of advice. Skip is awesome! I want to give Skip a HUGE THANKS for everything he's done for me!!
    Please share what you learned in detail so others here can learn from your nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by earthshaker View Post
    Please share what you learned in detail so others here can learn from your nightmare.
    Eight things I've learned so far:

1. Watch out for Kawaski of Pasadena (Texas).
    2. Kawasaki customer service WILL stand behind their product!
    3. Flushing your engine well, reving the engine after removing the flush water a few times and washing everything down and keeping it garage kept IS NOT the only things you need to do after EVERY ride.
    4. Silicone spray the exterior of your engine to protect it from corrosion.
    5. READ this forum!! SO much more info than what I've got from my dealer or the owners manual.
    6. FOG YOUR SUPERCHARGER!!!!!!
    7. After EVERY RIDE remove the top hose from between your S/C and your Intercooler... after EVERY ride. The Ultras have an issue with retaining water and when sitting in your garage the water will vaporize up and condense in your S/C and start corrosion. If you pull the top hose it can not possibly get into your S/C. (See Skip on this, I don't have my ski back to see exactly what to do yet).
    8. Skip is very helpful and knows his poo-poo!!!

good info..but weird how this all happened...we have a jetdock under a covered slip and park the ultra on it and leave it there from may 29 thru oct 1 and we just rev the engine after each use, cover the ultra etc etc

i check the oil after each ride, check the plugs after 5 hours, check the s/c belt after each ride.....wipe the engine down with light oil as needed....

......and if u look inside the hull, and the i/c etc everything is as when we bought it.........

both the complete go over at winterization(where the s/c is fogged) and dewinterization (fogged again) showed zero corrosion, etc etc but we are on fresh water lake i do flush the ultra about once a month but really did not do anything out of the normal....
    Last edited by Hooah_Killer; 05-22-2009 at 11:44 PM. Reason: added more info

I have never fog my supercharger and my jet is always in the marina. Never add any trouble whyt anything until now only plugs replaced and prop whith 100 hours

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by madrui View Post
    I have never fog my supercharger and my jet is always in the marina. Never add any trouble whyt anything until now only plugs replaced and prop whith 100 hours
    Thats nothing to be proud of

You CAN be LUCKY some times,But neglect WILL always come back and bit you on the ass, I promise you that!!

Just dont come on here if you find in 3 months time and cry poor faul product because the insides of your supecharger have begun to flake off from lack of maintance form corrision!!!!

Waz

Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    Thats nothing to be proud of

You CAN be LUCKY some times,But neglect WILL always come back and bit you on the ass, I promise you that!!

Just dont come on here if you find in 3 months time and cry poor faul product because the insides of your supecharger have begun to flake off from lack of maintance form corrision!!!!

Waz
    If you always do your mantinence in time and not always playing whyt your engine it should be fine atleast that is what I think

Fogging the SC is maintenance. That said, I wouldn't rely on a dealer doing it for you if you have your ski serviced by them.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information