Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: PWC stolen?

PWC stolen?

How often do ski's get stolen? My ski is sitting somewhere very accessible with no lock on it, should i be worried?

its at a house, but mt compressor and bike have gotten stolen from out front, and i live in a very good neighborhood.... how should i protect my self?

+1
    depends what area of the country you live in. some parts they are very hot item to steal.
    i usually use an obvious lock and chain, and several of them.
    obvious chains hanging from the front and back of the ski to some fixed object, like a telephone pole or chain link fence.
    and some sort of real good hitch guard.
    or park it inside a garage or totally blocked in by other vehicles.

If you have already had two thefts from your house, I would worry about the ski. I suspect that most skis are stolen for their engines & electronics and trailer, so the hull will be destroyed after being stripped... Ron

Get a ball lock mechanism, a Krytonite locking cable and attach it from the ski to the frame and last but not least chain and lock one wheel to the frame. Thats what we do at the hotels during the Hydrodrag events down here in Fl. Anything that can deter theft should be considered so dont be afraid to think out of the box. Just remember to a thief if there is a will then there is a way to steal anything shamely enough. If youre lucky you can catch him and break his knee caps. Good luck!

+1
    i know this may sound like a paranoid freak, but people have gotten their skis stolen MANY times from right outside their houses.
    chain the ski to the trailer well, and also remove one of the tires from the trailer and keep it in the house/car (prop the trailer up with a jack or cinder block).

+1
    It's all about due diligence. Don't give them the reason to take something you love.

+1
    If a thief wants it, they WILL get it. Chains, wheels removed, etc, etc etc are only deterants...making it harder to be taken. That is all we can do. Make it harder for the thief to take, OR make it look like it will take a lot of time to take it. Start by turning the ski around, putting the toungue of the trailer towards the building and away from the street. Buy a $50 driveway alarm system (beeps when anything crosses in front of a motion sensor). Buy a hitch ball, and cut the bolt section off it...then lock the cut ball into the hitch. This should prevent an easy get-a-way, but only makes a thief get creative.

A thread of everyone posting their ideas on theft/loss prevention should be awesome!

get a couple of big junkyard dogs....problem solved. i got a boston terrier that protects mine...lol......no actually i have a brinks hitchlock....works very well...and i keep the key to it on the lanyard for the dess key... which stays in the gunsafe...

+1
    buy a lock to the hitch on the trailer, chain up or remove a tire, take your dess keys inside with you, there are also some locks that withh lock thru your intake grate and lock it to the trailer.

+1
    You may want to consider something like this also...

http://gps-snitch.com/

What is GPS Snitch?

Itís a small and portable combination of GPS and wireless technology, supported by an intuitive web interface. It protects your belongings through real-time GPS tracking and security-related technology.

GPS Snitch can tell you where itís located, from your web browser, in real-time. It can tell you where your loved ones are when a phone call isnít possible. It can also help you manage your business. It can also help you recover your vehicle in the event that itís stolen.
    Remote Tracking

GPS Snitch delivers you the tools to track remotely in real-time, through schedule, and even auto-tracking when the security features are triggered while armed. BlackLineís industry-leading UltimateSenseô GPS tracking technology enables you to conveniently hide GPS Snitch to ensure stealthy operation. No other product on the market performs like GPS Snitch.

Motion Sensing technology

BlackLine GPS empowers you with the ultimate in security for your vehicles and any other possessions you would like to protect. Motion sensing technology alerts you when someone tampers with your belongings.

Instant Mobile Alerting

Know when someone breaks into your vehicle. Know when your vehicle has been stolen. GPS Snitch alerts you instantly through email and SMS (text message)

Sharing technology

Share your location to the people you know. Great for sharing your road-trips with friends, family, and co-workers. Itís free for them to track you and is a great way to improve safety.

Key Features

Additional Features

Compact - The size of a mobile phone Motion-sensing technology alerts you when someone tampers with your possession Internal rechargeable battery gives up to one week battery life GPS security perimeter alerts you when your vehicle leaves its parking place No installation necessary Instant mobile alerting through email and SMS Optional hardwiring accessory cable Movie-style tracking experience - operates like you expect Easy-to-use for everyone Always-on, 2-way wireless communication UltimateSense(TM) GPS technology tracks like no other Real-time GPS tracking when you want, from the web Continuous tracking produces locations every 5 to 10s Tracking scheduler automates your tracking Interactive map allows you to explore your locations Event history stores your location and alert data online Export your location history for viewing in Google Earth Free Blip application for BlackBerry smartphones delivers amazing mobile interface Pet mode mutes motion sensing while keeping SMS remote control for operation on the road

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information