Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gotta luv getting a good clean used ski!

My wife and I recently purchased a pair of 2004 FX HO Cruisers. I was originally looking for a 2 seater (FX HO or FX SHO) and a 3 seater mainly because I wanted something I could mod for myself. We couldnt turn down the deal we got on them especially since they still had a year of Y.E.S. warranty on them and they were in such good shape. Only 72 hours on each one.

Took the seat off to check them out and couldnt believe how clean the engines were. Needless to say this guy really took care of them. He had the service done on them every spring at our local dealer and I verified that with the dealer.

Only issue is that the one my wife rides isnt quite as fast as mine. Im not sure why. I outweigh her by almost 200 lbs and I run about 4 mph faster on GPS. Anyways, here are a few pics. I havent done any cleaning other than the usual flush/wash after each ride. The engines havent been touched by me yet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0050.JPG 
Views:	84 
Size:	4.07 MB 
ID:	132961   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0051.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	3.49 MB 
ID:	132962   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0052.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	3.50 MB 
ID:	132963   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0054.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	3.99 MB 
ID:	132964   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0055.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	3.18 MB 
ID:	132965   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0083.JPG 
Views:	67 
Size:	2.93 MB 
ID:	132966  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0085.JPG 
Views:	76 
Size:	3.31 MB 
ID:	132967   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0086.JPG 
Views:	87 
Size:	3.40 MB 
ID:	132968   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0087.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	3.15 MB 
ID:	132969  

+1
    Welcome to the forum! Ski's look great,your family will have alot of fun with them. Congrats on the purchase.

Thanks Woody!

Yeah we are having a blast already! Im loving the 4-strokes too. At first I wasnt so sure about them. I have been riding 2 strokes for about 14 years in my X2 and Waveblasters and have never even looked at a 4-stroke. Now after riding these, Im loving them!

I have just gotten too big for my Blaster so having these big 'ole couches are nice!

My only complaint so far is with the seats. My wife and I are both short. Im 5' 9" and she is 5' 2". We also both have short legs so the width of the seat is taking some getting used too... Its like riding a horse the seats are so wide. Feet forward riding is more comfortable but when you put your feet back its rough on the hips.

+1
    You will get used to it in time. How do you like running through rough water like it wasnt there?

Quote Originally Posted by WATER WOODY View Post
    You will get used to it in time. How do you like running through rough water like it wasnt there?
    Its nice! My wife was talking about how much fun it was when we got in some heavy chop last sunday. I was beat up a little due to having my 7 year old on with me and not being able to stand up. I just trimmed down to get the nose to cut through it and made it very bearable...

+1
    Im real happy for you,enjoy them,they are fun.

Neighborhood Superman SlowStang305's Avatar
    +1
    Very nice pickup the skis look brand new!

Quote Originally Posted by SlowStang305 View Post
    Very nice pickup the skis look brand new!
    Thanks Stang! Yeah, sometimes you just get lucky. My mom actually told me she had seen them up the road from her house for sale. So my wife and I rode up to take a look at them. They were a little more than we were wanting to pay but with the condition they were in and still a year warranty on them, we couldnt pass them up.

+1

Good ski choice

The guy i ride most with has that exact ski, Blue 04. Today was the start of his 5th season with it. 222 hours on original prop and wear ring and 58.9mph at half tank.

The ski has never been in the shop for repair in 5 years and has never missed a day out on water. The MR1 engine may be a little underpowered, but it is the most dependable 4-stroke put out to date when taken care of.

P.S: I let him take my FZS for a spin today. He came back and said " HOLY CRAP! at 40 I squeezed the throttle and it almost threw me off the back". Earlier in the day I showed him the yamaha hand grip imprints on my hands.

i cant belive it i just got the deal on the same ski but mine is red top and white bottom and black seat. 42 hr on it and clean as yours or cleaner. like it was never used. 4100.00 no trailer. it was in my neighborhood down the road 2 miles away.i jumped all over that deal.all i had to do is wax it. but good luck on your pair. they look fantastic. i will post picts later.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information