Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HELP!!!!!! 96 xp wont start

ok my sea doo wont start, i need help. im getting irratated by it because i wanna ride this weekend but it has strong spark, good compression and fuel are on the plugs. It sputters every now and then when i turn it over , it sounds liek it wants to crnk but it dosent. Any ideas to what it can be? im open for anything

Try switching the fuel selector to reserve.

+1
    test your compression also.

I do not know if the motor was apart but rotary valve timing could be a problem. put some fresh plugs in too. drop a little gas in plug hole see if it pops.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff12pv View Post
    I do not know if the motor was apart but rotary valve timing could be a problem. put some fresh plugs in too. drop a little gas in plug hole see if it pops.
    If it was a rotory valve problem, wouldn't the plugs be soaked with oil, not fuel?

Maybe

I know it sounds dumb but a friend of mine pulled his ski about 75 miles so I could see if I could get his so going after he couldn't. It took 2 sec to find the problem and just a few minutes to fix. His choke was on for some reason it was hung shut. Hope your problem is that simple. (no kidding he is a nasa engineer)

Quote Originally Posted by ultraskiit View Post
    I know it sounds dumb but a friend of mine pulled his ski about 75 miles so I could see if I could get his so going after he couldn't. It took 2 sec to find the problem and just a few minutes to fix. His choke was on for some reason it was hung shut. Hope your problem is that simple. (no kidding he is a nasa engineer)
    Speaking of NASA.........Did anyone see that live feed the other day?

That was Cool!!

both fuel and oil pass through rotary valve. If the timing is off it will not run

Does it backfire?

i have tried swithcing the fuel selector, it dosent seem to help. the rotary valve hasnt been messed with, the only thing i have done was romove the carbs thats it. i didnt mess with the carbs , adjust them anything. i ran fine before i took it apart. i tried changing the gas out to fresh gas to that didnt help either. I tried putting gas and starting fulid in the cylinders and it didnt do anythingm

i could try the compression test wiht a gauge next
    150 in each cylinder right??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information