Installed the 4" kanaflex on the '08 TX

I had ordered 7' of 4 inch kanaflex from moreland hose. Got it a couple days ago, pretty speedy seing as it came from NY to NM.

Removed all my intercooler hoses, pulled out the stock intake plastic, disconnected it where it meets the air box on the gas tank. That is a simple procedure on the '08 TX. Installed the SC adapter, 4 inch and was wondering about the air filter. On the '08 there is a fresh air duct that comes from under the glove box with a 4 inch hose that vents into the hull. It fit inside the kanaflex so I routed it inside my kanaflex. Will try that. At least it's getting outside air now instead of warm hull air. Hooked up all the intercooler hoses making sure they are all tight, some were not when I loosened the clamps. Going to try today.

Oh, and 7' of Kanaflex is perfect for a RXTX.

Banned User
    +1
    DO NOT run it directly to that opening, as if water gets there it will injest it...Run a filter setup, something like this...
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=68048

+1
    i used the side vent Bro on my RXPX AND as long as your not to careless when riding either opening KICKS ASS.........BET!

Quote Originally Posted by dr_hunt View Post
    I had ordered 7' of 4 inch kanaflex from moreland hose. Got it a couple days ago, pretty speedy seing as it came from NY to NM.

Removed all my intercooler hoses, pulled out the stock intake plastic, disconnected it where it meets the air box on the gas tank. That is a simple procedure on the '08 TX. Installed the SC adapter, 4 inch and was wondering about the air filter. On the '08 there is a fresh air duct that comes from under the glove box with a 4 inch hose that vents into the hull. It fit inside the kanaflex so I routed it inside my kanaflex. Will try that. At least it's getting outside air now instead of warm hull air. Hooked up all the intercooler hoses making sure they are all tight, some were not when I loosened the clamps. Going to try today.

Oh, and 7' of Kanaflex is perfect for a RXTX.

do you ride at the lake or ocean

+1
    unless you ride in a very calm lake and are very very carefull not to get any water over the hood/seat i wouldnt run it to that inlet!
    one gulp of water and $$$$$$

lake only smooth water, minor chop, never gotten water in the hull, get some spray, but to get water in that intake it would have to come in the vents which face back and upwards, change direction back to the front of the ski. We will check it out, may be a sad day, never know.

Thread Information